Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2005 Corolla Cruise Control Installation

Guest Pormoonman

Because of the manual transmission there is an additional switch that must be installed for the cruise control to function. The switch senses the clutch being depressed and cuts out the cruise control. I was looking at the clutch pedal and there are already two switches that sense clutch pedal position. One at the bottom of the clutch stroke allows the starter to be engaged. There is also a switch that is actuated when the clutch is at the top of its stroke. My question is what is the function of that switch? I'm wondering if that switch can also be used for the cruise control as that is a convenient place to locate another switch dedicated to the cruise control.

The clutch switch activated in the up position has two wires coming from. One wire is blue and the other wire is red with a white stripe.

Sounds like it already has the clutch switch assembly on it. Possible that you can trace back the wiring and see where they go? If you can, post of up a picture (you'll have to use a picture hosting site like Photobucket or similar) - so that we all see what you are looking at?

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)