Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By tursup, February 27, 2011

I understand that there is a a rear cross-brace for the trunk on the 2001 Corolla S. If someone has one, would they mind posting a picture of it? I am considering buying one. Thanks.

I'll try and find some pics of mine - otherwise, I'll pull the rear seatback out a snap another pic.

This is for a Camry, but looks very similar to the one on the Corolla - basically a stamped V-brace - bolted at three points.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1769/bracevv6.png

fish, the image is fine. I assume that the bolt holes exist in my 99 Corolla. I can then order one from Toyota. Thanks.

Bolt holes should already be there - if you have folding rear seats - not 100% sure you'll have clearance, as it mounts from the cabin side. From what I've gathered from others, it will still fit back there, just the backrest will bow out slightly. I've driven it with and without the v-brace - couldn't really tell the difference. But then again, I wasn't trying to pull 9/10ths driving either - just some spirited back road runs. I probably should try to repeat that again, given the number of years and mileage that has accumulated since then.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)