Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

94 7Th Gen Corolla Issue

By Golden Chariot December 10, 2010

I live in St. Petersburg, FL and frequently commute to Sarasota which is a 40 minute drive over the sunshine sky. Last night I was driving there and as I was nearing my exit on the interstate, my car begins to almost struggle to accelerate. When I do accelerate the whole front end of my car vibrates, but the engine doesn't seem to overheat and the check engine light does not come on. Now, whenever I turn the car, it makes a brutal kicking sound like the engine isn't taking in a correct fluid or something. I got the oil changed before thanksgiving, but I did make a large road trip to Alabama and I deliver pizzas, so do you think it could be calling for an oil change? I've had problems with my radiator before, but I've spent money to have it fixed in the past. Though my engine has yet to show signs of overheating now, could that be a cause of my problem?

I just noticed I have a below low level of antifreeze which could possibly be the cause of my rattle?

or "coolant"

Sounds an awful lot like a worn out CV joint in one of the front axles. Does the car make a clicking or thudding noise when you shift it into drive from park?

If it is a CV joint, it would be easier to just replace the entire axle, because taking apart the joint itself is time-consuming. Plus when you're done, you're still rolling on an old axle with only one new component.

I wouldn't expect the radiator to be causing this problem - there are no moving parts in the cooling system other than the water pump and thermostat, and if your coolant has been changed regularly then everything should be in working order.

Topic List