Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Emptying A Gas Tank

by oneton95, May 28, 2010

My car has been wrecked, but has a full tank of gas. How would I get the gas out of the tank other than drop the tank? Would I be able to siphon it out? Or perhaps is there a way to run it thru the fuel pump? I was just wondering if there was an easy way. I've heard that you can't siphon it because there is something in the tank that'll block a hose from entering it. If anyone knows please tell me I need the gas in there haha...

Thanks

Assuming this is an 8th gen Corolla or earlier - you can still siphon the gas from the tank to a point. There is a trapdoor you have to get past in the fuel filler tube. Most of the gas will can be pulled from the tank in that manner - not sure how "empty" the tank needs to be.

Another way is to pull the rear seats out to gain access to the fuel pump assembly. Pull that out and you can get to almost all the gasoline from there - just siphon it out from the opening, no baffles to get in the way there.

Assuming this is an 8th gen Corolla or earlier - you can still siphon the gas from the tank to a point. There is a trapdoor you have to get past in the fuel filler tube. Most of the gas will can be pulled from the tank in that manner - not sure how "empty" the tank needs to be.

Another way is to pull the rear seats out to gain access to the fuel pump assembly. Pull that out and you can get to almost all the gasoline from there - just siphon it out from the opening, no baffles to get in the way there.

Ya, it's a 1998. So just pull out the back seats and disconnect the fuel pump and I should be able to siphon it from there? I'll try that...hope it's as easy as it sounds.

I did it thanks very much it was pretty simple just going and removing the back seat and removing the fuel pump.

Thanks

Topic List