Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2007 Corolla Le Radio Din

By MrBen214, April 29, 2010

I have a 2007 Corolla LE and I think it is a double DIN radio, but it does have rounded corners. Also can I put a single DIN radio in instead of a double DIN? If so how or where should I go to do this?

-Ben

They make double DIN adapters for single DIN headunits. Basically a spacer/frame to allow you to run a different headunit. As for the rounded corners - that is in the faceplate - the headunit itself is a double DIN.

They make double DIN adapters for single DIN headunits. Basically a spacer/frame to allow you to run a different headunit. As for the rounded corners - that is in the faceplate - the headunit itself is a double DIN.

So I can get a Single DIN adapter to place in there (the double DIN space)?

Correct, they make various type of these double DIN to single DIN adapters to fit different vehicles. It will just turn the leftover space into a small cubby or CD storage.

Here is an example pic that I just Googled up:

http://www.mobilevideoauthority.com/i/Metra/99-9104.jpg

Correct, they make various type of these double DIN to single DIN adapters to fit different vehicles. It will just turn the leftover space into a small cubby or CD storage.

Here is an example pic that I just Googled up:

http://www.mobilevid...tra/99-9104.jpg

Thanks. This helps alot. On a side note any ideas where I should take this to get installation done, I do not trust myself to do it.

A premier audio shop would be my first stop - places that deal solely with car electronics / car audio/video. Check around your area - once you locate one, ask for references and/or example work. As these installation "kits" almost always take some modifications to make it fit well in the dash.

Retail outlets, like Best Buy and similar are hit or miss. Sometimes you'll have an installer that has some experience, most of the time you will not. I could go on about some horror stories about install that have gone wrong, but that could fill a novel. I'd only go there if there are no other options in your area.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)