Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2009 Corolla

by mpmn05, March 2, 2010 in Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)

Has anyone experienced the volume control knob not working in their vehicle? It happened to me today for the first time while travelling to work. I spun the knob till the cows came home and it did nothing. I made an appointment to have it looked at tomorrow, and of course while travelling home from work the knob is now working.

Sometimes knobs, and on-off/slider switches just need to be cycled every now and again. Perhaps that is what it needed. If not, it would be interesting to know if there is an error code associated with the malfunction. It might be worth getting it checked next time you take your 'rolla in for an oil change (if you take it to your dealer, that is).

Sometimes knobs, and on-off/slider switches just need to be cycled every now and again. Perhaps that is what it needed. If not, it would be interesting to know if there is an error code associated with the malfunction. It might be worth getting it checked next time you take your 'rolla in for an oil change (if you take it to your dealer, that is).

The dealer has ordered a new radio (stereo) for me, no hassle at all. They've had other Corolla's in for the same problem. Apparently its a known issue.

The car was in for the brake assist re-call so I don't know if they read the codes off the computer for the stereo not.

I do my own oil changes, the dealer charges $39.99 plus tax, if your vehicle gets a grease job its an extra $16.95.

The dealer has ordered a new radio (stereo) for me, no hassle at all. They've had other Corolla's in for the same problem. Apparently its a known issue.

The car was in for the brake assist re-call so I don't know if they read the codes off the computer for the stereo not.

I do my own oil changes, the dealer charges $39.99 plus tax, if your vehicle gets a grease job its an extra $16.95.

There is a recall on the brake assist? Oh, you're talking about the manifold thing. Gotcha.

By the way, do you know if there is a Toyota Service Bulletin (TSB) on the radio? Thanks much if you can tell me.

There is a recall on the brake assist? Oh, you're talking about the manifold thing. Gotcha.

By the way, do you know if there is a Toyota Service Bulletin (TSB) on the radio? Thanks much if you can tell me.

I didn't ask if there was a TSB on it but they gave me no hassle to have it replaced. I did a google search on "2009 corolla radio volume not working" and got some hits, here'e one http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/toyota-corolla/TVJ94DVL637KBM73H

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)