Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Fuel Pump 1999 Need Help

by tundrawolf, February 14, 2010

Hello,

I am helping a friend out with her 1999 Toyota Corolla. Her fuel pump went out so I replaced it. It runs really good, however, now, there seems to be an issue with high idle. If I rev it, the idle will cut down to normal for a fraction of a second then rise again. I am not sure if I maybe put the in take pressure regulator back in right. Can anyone provide an exploded diagram of the in tank fuel pump assembly? I would really appreciate it. This lady used to feed this high desert town from her church.

if i'm not mistaken the 1999's are a returnless system, so thats not a pressure regulator, it just smooths the pulses of pressure from the fuel pump. the high idle could be unrelated, how high is the idle? have you tried cleaning the idle speed motor and throttle body? also clean the mass airflow sensor.

if i'm not mistaken the 1999's are a returnless system, so thats not a pressure regulator, it just smooths the pulses of pressure from the fuel pump. the high idle could be unrelated, how high is the idle? have you tried cleaning the idle speed motor and throttle body? also clean the mass airflow sensor.

I think you are right about that. I will try cleaning those things.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)