Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

1998 Corolla

by reneerose, January 25, 2010

I have two tires in the front that need replacing due to regular and uneven wear. I took it to Costco and the guy said I should replace three of the tires due to uneven wear due to a slight alignment problem (I have brushed against a couple of curbs...so probably threw off the alignment)...

The back tires are the better ones and placed in the rear now....as the Toyota service adviser and Costco people say now the good ones are placed in the rear...

I was thinking of getting 4 complete new tires, but the back ones don't seem to be as bad.....though there is some uneven wear on the left rear tire.

I can't decide whether to just get two or four tires....there's a special at Costco on Michelins.....4 tires for $300-something instead of the $400-$500 the dealership might charge me.....

I got two new tires back in 2007.....I probably should spray paint the darn things to remember which were the latest....got confused with the rotations....

Also I have just had rotors completely replaced and brake pads completely replaced as the braking was getting hard to do.....so have just spent $800+ on a brake job at the dealer.

I have two tires in the front that need replacing due to regular and uneven wear. I took it to Costco and the guy said I should replace three of the tires due to uneven wear due to a slight alignment problem (I have brushed against a couple of curbs...so probably threw off the alignment)...

The back tires are the better ones and placed in the rear now....as the Toyota service adviser and Costco people say now the good ones are placed in the rear...

I was thinking of getting 4 complete new tires, but the back ones don't seem to be as bad.....though there is some uneven wear on the left rear tire.

I can't decide whether to just get two or four tires....there's a special at Costco on Michelins.....4 tires for $300-something instead of the $400-$500 the dealership might charge me.....

I got two new tires back in 2007.....I probably should spray paint the darn things to remember which were the latest....got confused with the rotations....

Also I have just had rotors completely replaced and brake pads completely replaced as the braking was getting hard to do.....so have just spent $800+ on a brake job at the dealer.

Not sure what you decided, but I would get the 4 new tires.

It's not good to have a mix of tires with different tread life.

I bought the 4 tires and had an alignment done as well. Feel better now. Thanks for your comment.

Not sure what you decided, but I would get the 4 new tires.

It's not good to have a mix of tires with different tread life.

wow default_ohmy

That's just ungodly. Ouch.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)