Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2010 Remote Customization

Guest dm84

Hi. I just bought a 2010 LE (no smart key, just remote keyless entry system). How do I change the default remote setting so that I could open all doors at once by only pressing the unlock button ONCE (now it is in default setting - once to unlock driver's door and twice to unlock all 4 doors)? Must I visit the dealer for this simple job? 2008 Honda Odyssey owner's manual spells out how to do this. However, Corolla owner's manual does not give details on how to accomplish this. Any advice? thanks so much.

As far as I know, newer Toyota's don't have the feature.

I have the same issue with my Tacoma, and I have searched several forums, but it seems like it cannt be changed.

If you come by a method, please post it.

thanks

tdk

Guest dm84

As far as I know, newer Toyota's don't have the feature.

I have the same issue with my Tacoma, and I have searched several forums, but it seems like it cannt be changed.

If you come by a method, please post it.

thanks

tdk

2010 Corolla manual says that the remote key could be customized so that one click on the unlock button would open all 4 doors. However, it does not tell the specific steps to customize the remote. I do not want to visit the dealer for this job. Anyone knows?

From what I've read, I believe that applies to the remote that comes with a particular option package. Might be worth a call to the dealership to see if that package will support the customization. Many times, these manuals are printed up to cover a wide range of options that may or may not apply to a particular market.

Topic List