Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2001 Corolla Turn Signal Issue

Guest telegramsam

Hi;

I have a 2001 Corolla, and the turn signals are acting up. It's always the right turn indicator. The green indicator on the dash doesn't light up, and the clicking is double the normal speed. If I shut it off and turn it back on again, it works fine. It only does this maybe 2/3 of the times I use the right indicator.

There used to be a flasher "pot" or fuse, but I can't seem to locate any such thing in my manual. All I see are standard fuses, which seem to be fine, since the signals do work.

Any advice on what I'm looking for?

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Double check the bulbs on the right side - a quicker paced clicking noise is a sign of a dying bulb or bad flasher unit. Since it only does this on the one side and seems intermittent , I'm leaning toward a bulb issue, even if seems to be working, check the socket it is in - could be some surface corrosion in there.

Normal flash rate is between 60-120 flashes a second, if it runs 140 flashes a second or faster - that is almost a sure sign of a short in either the front or rear bulbs - if bulbs check out - then it is the flasher relay or wiring issue.

The "flasher" is sitting on top of the fuse block that is on the driver's side kick panel, not the one that is under the dash - right by your left knee (closest to the coin tray).

Guest dligert

Hi;

I have a 2001 Corolla, and the turn signals are acting up. It's always the right turn indicator. The green indicator on the dash doesn't light up, and the clicking is double the normal speed. If I shut it off and turn it back on again, it works fine. It only does this maybe 2/3 of the times I use the right indicator.

There used to be a flasher "pot" or fuse, but I can't seem to locate any such thing in my manual. All I see are standard fuses, which seem to be fine, since the signals do work.

Any advice on what I'm looking for?

I had the same problem on my 1999 corolla. Turned out to be too much dust preventing signal light arm from going up all the way. Just take a clean rag and wipe around the opening on the steering column.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)