Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Thinking About Getting One Of These...

by Bitter, May 17, 2009 in Toyotas that aren’t Corollas

See every reply in these pages:

Agggh, this site lost my post when I told it to post it and I forgot to copy it first as I usually do just in case that will happen so here goes a second time.....

I don't like the blue lights either. They usually blind me when I see a car with them on.

Can you get a refund for the putco harness or are you stuck with it?

Nice link on those wedge bulbs - 85 lumens!! That will be some decent about of light from them.

Yeah, PUTCO harnesses were on my list to get as well. Let me know how it turns out, as I haven't run across any other vendor will insulated lighting harnesses.

Nice link on those wedge bulbs - 85 lumens!! That will be some decent about of light from them.

Yeah, PUTCO harnesses were on my list to get as well. Let me know how it turns out, as I haven't run across any other vendor will insulated lighting harnesses.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/huzudra/car/DSC07404Custom.jpg

without any harness with the camera on auto night mode...the foreground is washed out pretty bad and I forgot my fogs were on. I'll re-do tomorrow or later in the week at the same spot.

I have the harness and multimeter here to sit down with and figure out, never got a reply from Putco about better directions. I may send it to a friend to have him re-work it to make it direct fit plug and play with my car. just hook one side to the battery positive, one to the negative, plug in at the light harness, plug into the bulbs, and mount the relays...because what came from Putco does not look like that and has no fusing.

Took a better look at the putco harness, its pure snip. hell, 2 of the connectors came unpinned or were never correctly assembled. Off to my friend it will go, it will come back as a harness that will just drop into place.

Fish, would you like his contact info? He does great work!

Woah! That is some serious amount of light being thrown down the road, very impressive.

That's pretty funny on that harness - sounds like they just crank out a standard "template" of a harness and pinout what needs to be used. That or you got a messed up one by accident. As for the contact, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the offer, but I sort of like messing with those electrical things, pretty used to it at this point and can be fun. Gives me a good idea of what the vendor is capable of and if their quality/design is any good.

Yea, I could build it myself...but my time to work on my car is limited so things that 'just work' are worth the price to me.

Yea, 2100 Lumen is nothing to sneeze at. mind you the high beam HIR I have are 2300 Lumen and D2R HID are 2800 Lumen. So near HID lumen output but with the gentle curve of halogen.

New bulbs look good, side markers are WAY brighter. They're not as bright as the LED's were, or don't look as bright probably because of the color of light (LED's were very cold almost blue. I'll put the LED's in the plate light bulb sockets if they'll fit.

Well I went to my auntie's after work to paint the drums for the Mazda (flat black, no rice) and it turns out the brake cleaner I got (free sample from a sales rep) sucks ######. Didn't cut the cosmoline at all, just left them oily. Well that boned my plan for the evening, right? Nope. Since I had a warm barn and a hard floor I decided to get to work and installed the same 15" chrome horn my Mazda has on the Celica...just barely sniping fit in there too. I had to pull the bumper off to get it in there, it was a real trick too. So I've got the bumper off...and suddenly the Celica starts feeling sick, looks a little funny and then just sniping pukes all this crap out on the ground!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/huzudra/car/DSC07697Large.jpg

THE snip DO I DO?

Oh yea, I do this...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/huzudra/car/DSC07698Large.jpg

So I didn't pull any fuses to reset fuel trims or anything, they'll sort themselves out fine all on their own. I'm not sure if its all in my mind but I think I feel a slight more 'go' from the engine, I know for one thing lift is sniping ricer loud on the mothersniper now. Holy snip! Full throttle there is no doubt when lift engages from the sound alone. Part throttle it feels a little better as well, more driving should allow the computer to play with trims to get it all running right. I'll check them Monday with the Verus and see where they're at and if the intake is messing with things too much. I broke one little stud off of a clip that is one of 4 that hold some under panels in place, I'll grab a one from the dealer if I can or get some stainless hardware and fix it DIY. I need to get one lag screw back into place on one other clip, it just wouldn't line up for me...probably because the horn is pushing against the plastic slightly. Oh yea, thats loud too. If you can't go fast at least be loud enough to be heard coming in last.

Come to think of it, that piping's red color ALMOST exactly matches the red inserts in the back of the car and the red dragon on the steering wheel button. How cool is that?

Awesome! Looks great. It is amazing how loud lift is with an aftermarket intake - might not make tons of extra power, but like you mentioned, throttle reason is greatly enhanced.

Fuel trims looked OK, -10 lft, didn't get to drive around to watch sft at all though but it feels stronger all over..oddly to me it feels stronger off a dead stop which was a surprise to me.

Gotta love that sounds of LIFT! Intake really uncorked the induction noises. Nice vid - I liked the point of view of the camera. How low did you mount the camera as it looked pretty low?

its on the front lip about 2 inches in.

Replaced 2 rear struts with GR-2's to cheaply make it feel safe again, compression was fine but rebound was going soft. The back end felt like it was hopping over expansion joints, all better now I think...haven't had it on the highway yet but it feels much smoother on the local roads.

Got a 24mm solid front bar to install sometime soon too. Eibach 22mm solid rear bar is same diameter as the stock front so...handling is a little wonky. It's overly neutral feeling. I like and hate it.

Oh, been a while hasn't it? Wonder who's still around?

I guess I can only post 2 photo's at a time? Many posts will be made then...

All the parts, none of the time.

But then, I found time and did this:

I have some photo's of my overkill basslink mounting. I think you'll enjoy.

There is the 'plus nut' with install tool, pretty simple.

There are the two plus nuts installed into the trunk area, they pass through into the frame of the car through 2 layers of sheet steel and open into a closed area.

4 tee nuts, 1/4x20 thread for bolts to hold the bass link to the board.

And the board in the car.

Yes, here's more since I got to bolted to the board.

I think I'll trim the edge there some way or another, make it even easier to get the tire cover in and out.

Overkill much?

My friend who just got his pilots license commented "You know, some things on the planes I fly aren't that well secured"

Rack bushings vs stock

New sway bar and control arm bushings vs stock

Stock down pipe! Working on getting the stock manifold out and then the ported one in, tight fit!

I need to learn how to drive all over again and I may take back some of the awful things I've said about these tires...maybe. I can feel whatever is wrong with one of the front tires much more strongly at 55 now, feels like a shifted belt possibly which would make sense with the extra irregular chopping on that tire and the slight out of round.

Topic List: Go to Toyotas that aren’t Corollas