As much as I brag about being in love with my cars, I am ashamed to say that I have never changed any of their transmission fluids myself.
I plan to start today. It is a manual transmission.
The car manual does not mention the viscosity RANGE. Internet does not help. I have seen some pics and sounds like the pan does not exist put it has a top/bottom drain plugs that I can get to after removing some plastic cover from underneath which I am told is a piece of cake.
1) I want the highest/best grade with synthetic. What should I use?
2) Do I need a hand pump to pump in fluid and out.
3) What procedure is used to pump stuff in and out? Do I need to flush with something?
4) Anything WISE I need to know? i.e.. Do not drain/open bottom plug first without opening the top one first because if the top one does not open, one is f*****... LOL !
5) Does the car has to be completely level?
6) HAYES manual... should I buy it? Is it helpful? I will drive to AUTOZONE in 30 mins.