Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

1991 Corolla Seat Belt Issues

By Guest junker91, October 24, 2008 in Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm

Guest junker91

I'm concerned about my corolla's front seatbelts on my 91. No matter how hard I try to lock them up I can't. I've tried to lock them under hard braking and yanking on them quickly with no luck. Does this mean I'm going to meet the steering wheel at high speed in an accident? Do they just wear out and don't lock up anymore with the door mounted seatbelts after awhile? The back ones lock up fine. Any advice?

Thanks

Bikeman982

I'm concerned about my corolla's front seatbelts on my 91. No matter how hard I try to lock them up I can't. I've tried to lock them under hard braking and yanking on them quickly with no luck. Does this mean I'm going to meet the steering wheel at high speed in an accident? Do they just wear out and don't lock up anymore with the door mounted seatbelts after awhile? The back ones lock up fine. Any advice?

Thanks

If you can't get them to lock, then there is a good chance they are worn too much and won't work in an accident.

Guest junker91

Thanks

If you can't get them to lock, then there is a good chance they are worn too much and won't work in an accident.

Ok thanks

Topic List: Go to Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm