Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Replacing The Clutch

by yagozo, September 17, 2008

I need to replace my cltuch on my 96 corolla. Is there any link that can help me besides the repair manual?. I have done it on a nissan and I've found an online link for my 200sx which it was very informative...but I'm looking for one if anyone has that information to be shared.I'm trying to avoid to buy the RM.

thanks

https://www.corolland.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=156268
I'm aware of the haynes manual widely available in any autoparts store and familiar with the Autozone site.However;I was sincerely hopping to find some sort of PDF online format or that at least someone on this forum would know a LINK to one.

If you've changed one clutch, you've changed them all.

Really, it's not going to be that much different. Only thing you really should need is the torque specs for the axle hub bolts, and flywheel and clutch bolts.

Just remember to unplug the battery (you never know, it's just something that is smart to do)

Drain the trans fluid before you remove the half shafts and make sure they are back in before you try and refill.

Other then that's it's just safety stuff. Use zip lock bags for all the bolts, write what they are, and keep everything in order.

If your not sure how something might go back together, take a digital picture first and take notes.

If you've changed one clutch, you've changed them all.

Really, it's not going to be that much different. Only thing you really should need is the torque specs for the axle hub bolts, and flywheel and clutch bolts.

Just remember to unplug the battery (you never know, it's just something that is smart to do)

Drain the trans fluid before you remove the half shafts and make sure they are back in before you try and refill.

Other then that's it's just safety stuff. Use zip lock bags for all the bolts, write what they are, and keep everything in order.

If your not sure how something might go back together, take a digital picture first and take notes.

Thanks...I was a little worry beacuse of the hydrolic master clutch system...on my nissan I did not have that..it was straight cable adjust...but I read about it on this forum about bleeding the system and everthing else.

Topic List