Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Water Dropping

by loverguy1, April 6, 2008

i noticed after driving my car that there is water drpooing from below. I opened the hood and found out that there is open pipe not connetced to anything and is dripping with water. Don't know what is that? Is tht pipe should be connected to something? from where the water is coming and where it is suppose to go?

could you take a picture of the pipe or tell us where it is? theres alot of tubes and pipe.

Max

Are you running your A/C? If so, the water is normal. Just condensation.

Oh yeah, i did ran my A/C. i noticed it when i parked my car at house. So u mean to say that condensation drops the water?? And thtz noraml u say??

• 1,424 posts

Oh yeah, i did ran my A/C. i noticed it when i parked my car at house. So u mean to say that condensation drops the water?? And thtz noraml u say??

Air conditioning is a vapor-compression cycle. Basically it cycles warm and moist air from inside the car over tubes containing liquid R134a. The R134a absorbs heat from the air and causes moisture to condense out of it. This makes the air not only cooler, but drier. That cool dry air is fed back into the cabin. The heat is exhausted through a heat exchanger and the water is allowed to drip out of the system through a tube under the car. The more humid the air is and the longer you run the air conditioner, the more water will condense out and end up on your garage floor or driveway.

Look it up in your owners manual, it tells you that water dripping out from underneath the car after using AC is normal and doesn't indicate a malfunction.

If it does it when you aren't using AC, then you have a problem.

Air conditioning is a vapor-compression cycle. Basically it cycles warm and moist air from inside the car over tubes containing liquid R134a. The R134a absorbs heat from the air and causes moisture to condense out of it. This makes the air not only cooler, but drier. That cool dry air is fed back into the cabin. The heat is exhausted through a heat exchanger and the water is allowed to drip out of the system through a tube under the car. The more humid the air is and the longer you run the air conditioner, the more water will condense out and end up on your garage floor or driveway.

Look it up in your owners manual, it tells you that water dripping out from underneath the car after using AC is normal and doesn't indicate a malfunction.

If it does it when you aren't using AC, then you have a problem.

Thnxs for the technical explaination. Now i got the clear picture. It doesn't drip when not using A/C.

Topic List