Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By twinky64, February 24, 2008

I ordered something on ebay worth about $100 from a private seller. The seller was kind enough to leave a tracking number for me. Problem is, that online tracking status states that my package has been delivered and that it was left at the front door at 5:11pm.

So I come home from work at about 6:15pm and I didn't notice a package. In fact, I didn't even really think about it until a day or two later. I checked online, said its been delivered. I knocked on my neighbor's apartment door and asked if he had seen a package left there at all. He replied that he didn't see anything and that he got home from work at about 5:20pm-5:30pm.

Therefore, I called up UPS's 800 number and asked for status of my package (automated because they are closed over the weekend). The message states that it was left at my address, EXCLUDING my apartment number, and that it was left at the front door. Problem is, there is no front door at an apartment complex!

I figured that they couldn't have delivered it to the office because a)they were closed and b)they dont accept packages. I checked my mailbox and nothing arrived. Again back at square 1 scratching my head on how UPS could deliver a package to the front door of a 250 unit apartment complex. Went online to see what there procedure was for delivering packages. On UPS.com, they state that if nobody was able to pick up the package, they will leave a notice and try again on the next business day. They will make up to 3 delivery attempts. Problem is, there was no "delivery attempt" in my situation. They just left it there. What kind of JACK would think "o this looks like the address, its an apartment, its closed, perhaps I'll just leave it here at the sidewalk and declare it delivered and left at front door"?

Any opinions? Can anybody shed some light as to some options I have of retrieving my package?

Max

I hear this story and others like it a lot. I always have UPS deliver to my work address, not home. Haven't had any problems doing it that way.

UPS sucks I had a package sent to my home and it required a signature but still I got home from work and it was left at the door. If you have to use UPS make sure there is someone that can be there to get the item or you may lose your money.

Turns out that the driver delivered it to the incorrect address. What a JACK***! I wish I was able to meet the driver and give him a piece of my mind. How does one mistake a house for an ENTIRE APARTMENT COMPLEX?

I get that as well - so I stopped using UPS for my own shipping purposes. Was a nightmare when I lived in a condo - didn't get much better when I moves to the burbs into a house. Signature authority - right, they threw some important documentation that had to be delivered directly to me - nope - sat it on my door step. Othertimes, if they say a package was delivered but I don't see it - I start checking my bushes - more than half the time, the package is tossed behind a bush. Check out this delivery from UPS -

Bikeman982

UPS delivers to my house - whether I am there or not.

Hope you find your package.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else