Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2003 Corolla Shifter Light Bulb

Guest GaryF

How do you replace the light bulb for the center console shifter on a 2003 Corolla?

Hello and Welcome to the forum. The hardest part is getting at the bulb - it is possible that you can get at it from the top - but removing the finish panel around the shifter (sometimes referred to as the console panel upper) - just held in with plastic claw clips - they are disengaged with wiggling a screwdriver next to the clip and the mating surface. Total of six clips - two on each side and two in the front. Just pry up on the panel with a screwdriver close to the clip areas, the panel will come off.

If you can get at the bulb - then you need to remove the console box (the big tunnel like box that runs between the driver and passenger seats, attached to armrest). Not really hard to remove - as you have already exposed four of the screws by doing the previous step (2 by the shifter, 2 right below the lower portion of the dash). There are two more bolts that are in the glove box itself.

The bulb itself is under the shifter assembly - has a plastic cap on it - might be tough to get to. Try a quick search of the forum - I'm pretty sure one of the posters was able to get at the bulb in his 9th gen - but I can't remember their name of the top of my head. Good Luck.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)