Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2007 Toyota Corolla Le

by sixxy, January 25, 2008

Hi there, I have a 2007 Toyota Corolla LE. I would like to fix it up more little by little but don't know what to do. I would like to add a wing, electric sunroof, and signal lights on the rear side mirrors.

Hi there, I have a 2007 Toyota Corolla LE. I would like to fix it up more little by little but don't know what to do. I would like to add a wing, electric sunroof, and signal lights on the rear side mirrors.

Forget all that. Get a TRD supercharger.

What is a TRD supercharger?????

Forget all that. Get a TRD supercharger.

what's the prices and where can i find them?

I'd be careful about the sunroof unless you can have it installed by Toyota w/warranty. Or if you have to go with a glass/tint/sunroof place, make sure they are really good. If you have problems down the road, you might be on your own.

Unless something has changed, you can't get a TRD supercharger for a 07. As far as mods go, not much. 16" light weight wheels with sticky tires improve the car a lot. The rear drums look a little off with 16" wheels (big wheels, tiny little brakes, so going bigger is optional, but with a proper tire, the side wall for a 16" tire should be just fine because it's such a light weight car.

Shocks, springs, strut tower brace, CAI and cat-back exhaust should wake it up a little.

The drive by wire and ECU program is probably holding it back a bit. It was meant to be a economy car. I also think the flywheel is probably rather heavy for HWY fuel economy. It's hard to tell for sure because the throttle is electronic, but if I let off the gas at higher RPMs, it seems like the RPMs actually hang out for a moment before they drop.

A light weight flywheel and stage 1 clutch will allow for faster take offs, but it might hurt your HWY fuel economy. It would probably improve city tho.

Please leave the spoiler out of this, the LE is a clean looking car. Customize your lights or something.

On mine, I only did a TRD drop in air filter and I bought barely used XRS rims and tires. That a alone made the car look a lot better and corner better. Nothing short of a engine rebuild and turbo is going to make it really fast. Even then, you gotta deal with anything that might be a weak point in the drive train.

Thanks alot for your advice, how can I customize my lights and your right my car is a clean looking car it's even red.

I'd be careful about the sunroof unless you can have it installed by Toyota w/warranty. Or if you have to go with a glass/tint/sunroof place, make sure they are really good. If you have problems down the road, you might be on your own.

Unless something has changed, you can't get a TRD supercharger for a 07. As far as mods go, not much. 16" light weight wheels with sticky tires improve the car a lot. The rear drums look a little off with 16" wheels (big wheels, tiny little brakes, so going bigger is optional, but with a proper tire, the side wall for a 16" tire should be just fine because it's such a light weight car.

Shocks, springs, strut tower brace, CAI and cat-back exhaust should wake it up a little.

The drive by wire and ECU program is probably holding it back a bit. It was meant to be a economy car. I also think the flywheel is probably rather heavy for HWY fuel economy. It's hard to tell for sure because the throttle is electronic, but if I let off the gas at higher RPMs, it seems like the RPMs actually hang out for a moment before they drop.

A light weight flywheel and stage 1 clutch will allow for faster take offs, but it might hurt your HWY fuel economy. It would probably improve city tho.

Please leave the spoiler out of this, the LE is a clean looking car. Customize your lights or something.

On mine, I only did a TRD drop in air filter and I bought barely used XRS rims and tires. That a alone made the car look a lot better and corner better. Nothing short of a engine rebuild and turbo is going to make it really fast. Even then, you gotta deal with anything that might be a weak point in the drive train.

Thanks alot for your advice, how can I customize my lights and your right my car is a clean looking car it's even red.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product...0002821/c-10101

That is just one thing I found really quickly. I'm sure you can find others. I saw a Matrix with nice looking lights and a CF hood tail gating me yesterday. For the most part, it looked pretty good, but then as he passed he, he had a wing on the back. It was like a mini combat on top of the hatch. It looked rather off.

Just do google searches for 07 corolla lights. Smoked lights would probably look sweet on a red car. Also, I was looking in to doing exhaust on my car, and I've narrowed it down to a TRD I think.

youtube search trd exhaust and vibrant and compare. The bolt on muffler, axle back system is pretty much for looks and sound, but TRD claims a 1HP gain. Yippy.

For the most part, I think suspension, brakes, tire and wheel mods are really going to be the best. I know if cars tail gating me, I always loose them on the on/off ramp cause I can easily out corner them. Granted that's your average SUV, or domestic. You can't go playing around with WRXs or anything, but I haven't been tail gated by a WRX, STi, or anything like that. It's always the jerk who is trying to make up lost time instead of leaving earlier. They are almost always driving a SUV or a GM too.

http://www.toyotapartsoutlet.com/Products/...061_276502.html

<a href="http://www.toyotapartsoutlet.com/Products/part_detail_2061_276502.html" target="_blank">http://www.toyotapartsoutlet.com/Products/...061_276502.html</a>

Cyberbilly: READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you keep insisting a TRD SCer for a 07. A company in Canada did fit that kit to a 05 DBW car, but it would void the warranty. 04 is the last year you can fit a approved TRD SCer to a 1.8l.

<a href="http://www.toyotapartsoutlet.com/Products/part_detail_2061_276502.html" target="_blank">http://www.toyotapartsoutlet.com/Products/...061_276502.html</a>

Cyberbilly: READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you keep insisting a TRD SCer for a 07. A company in Canada did fit that kit to a 05 DBW car, but it would void the warranty. 04 is the last year you can fit a approved TRD SCer to a 1.8l.

Excuse me.

Excuse me.

I don't want to be rude about it, but you missed my post, and the years in the link that you posted. Also, it has been covered many times on this forum that 04 was the last year Toyota sold a bolt on TRD SCer that came with Toyota's warranty. For the Corolla anyway.

I guess if you don't care about your warranty, it "can" be done, but the company that did it didn't exactly write a DIY on it. They would probably be more then happy if you drove your car to their shop (in Canada) and paid them to install a non DBW SCer on a 05+ DBW system.

Bikeman982

Check http://www.ebay.com for some aftermarket lights.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)