Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest phillynewshound

Hey all,

I was wondering how I could speed up my Corolla? How can I remove my regulator and what are the risks of removing it and how do I do it?

Also what other things can I do to my 'rolla to make it have more pick up? I have a '03 LE.

Thanks!

PNH

I believe that the car is governed to 110-112MPH - which is also the top speed rating of the OEM tires. There is no way to "ungoverned" the car without reprogramming the ECU. Plus most cars in this class, at that speed, don't make enough downforce or have the mechanical capability (braking performance, suspension, wheel and tire, etc.) to safely go beyond what the factory put in as the fuel and ignition cutoff points.

If you want more pickup - the least expensive, actual performance boost is adding the TRD S/C. For about a 5-6K investment (S/C, tuning, brake upgrade, suspension upgrade, I/E work, and wheel and tire upgrade) you can actually see a performance increase - most average 30+WHP increases. CAI, upgraded exhaust, and a pulley set may get you some more power - but realistically only about 10WHP on average for about the 1-2K investment, could be more or less depending on the state of tune and quality of parts.

Add a KNN Air Filter, Royal Purple in the transmission, motor and add Red Line Water Wetter to the radiator. That will give you some extra pony's. Put lighter alloy aluminum rims to get rid of the extra weight of the steel rims. Try disconnecting the Air Conditioning.

Topic List