Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Noise Reduction For 2007 Corolla

Guest kingoftheroad

Any one try to make noise reduction on 2007 Corolla? What material did you use? Doors only or the whole car? Was it worth the effort? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum. Not in a 2007 - but in my 2002 Corolla and 2003 Matrix - use a mix of RAAMmat and Dynomat sound deadening products with excellent results. You will not be able to make the car completely sound-proof, but applying the acoustic mat in key places will significantly lower the noise floor and help eliminate much of the irritating vehicle and road noises. The level of noise reduction is determined by your budget, time, and abilities. I think I got about a few yards of material in each car - some add prodect to every square inch of the car, I generally find the key resonance points and add material there. Where to apply material and how much will depend on your final application and type of sound deadener you have chosen. As for being worth it - car sounds and "feels" completely different. Like getting out of a Geo Metro and into a Cadillac - as far as sound levels. Keep in mind that you can't keep out all noise (Corolla, not a Lexus) and your windows will transmit a considerable amount of noise (thinner glass weights less = cheaper + lighter car => economy).

Bikeman982

I get a lot of noise - especially wind noise, around my window seals.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)