Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Custom Grille For A 2002

by Cyberbilly, September 30, 2007

I'm looking for a grille similar to this one that will fit a 2002. Any ideas?

I've seen a couple of mesh grilles on cardomain for the 01/02 model Corolla. The owners stated that they fabricated it themselves. For some reason they're impossible to find for the 8th gen. I've done searches on eBay for them before and only got results for 7th gen and 9th gen. My guess is you're going to have to fabricate it yourself.

Yup, unfortunantely you will not find a bolt on one for the 8th gens - due to that the grille is integral to the bumper cover. You wWill have to fab up one yourself, like Brendon mentioned. I've seen variantions of that for the 8th gen - some have cut out the Toyota logo in the center, some have cut out the supports and logo and backed it with a thicker mesh.

Yup, unfortunantely you will not find a bolt on one for the 8th gens - due to that the grille is integral to the bumper cover. You wWill have to fab up one yourself, like Brendon mentioned. I've seen variantions of that for the 8th gen - some have cut out the Toyota logo in the center, some have cut out the supports and logo and backed it with a thicker mesh.

What about this one?

http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota/1998_.../grills/sarona/

That's for a different market (non-NA market) Corolla. North American 8th gen Corollas are all one piece bumper covers - that one pictured can be made to work, but you have to cut the existing grill out. They make overlay types that attach with double-sided tape (covers up the chrome portion of our grilles) - but they look quite odd, due to the existing OEM slats poking through.

It doesn't look that good anyways. I prefer the mesh look. Just my opinion.

I'll probably just end up painting the black slats to the body color. That would alt least be an improvement.

I spent several hours on a bumper of an 02.

cut out all of the support/ribs, added my own new metal supports, added a mesh grill.

also did the same for the lower lip and foglamp holes.

need to touch up on the paint soon.

Let me see if i can figure out how to a photo up...

tdk.

I'll probably just end up painting the black slats to the body color. That would alt least be an improvement.

Well, I did end up repainting the grill slats back to it's original black. The slats had faded to sort of a dull gray, and Duricolor makes a paint specifically for black plastic trim. It defintely looks better than it did.

I'll probably have to go with a body kit if I want to give it a nose job, but that is not real high on my priority list right now.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)