Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Radio Light

Guest bones774

Hi, Has anyone changed the radio light. On my car 96 Corolla, the emergency flasher, rear window defroster and the chanel indicator and am/fm button of my radio do not have any backlight, I took dash out but could see no place to change bulbs. Does ne1 have any prior exp or knowledge, very difficult at night to find buttons and know what channel i am on. TIA

Guest bones774

Just a bump. Nobody has done this?? Knows about it?

Sounds like a fuse or circuit breaker went out. I believe that it is unlikely that a single or series of bulbs that could have gone out all at the same time.

There is a 15A fuse that runs to the tail lights - the radio lights, rear defogger lamp, and hazard lamp are off that chain. The ashtray lamp is also off that chain - if that is out, then there is a good chance that the 15A fuse is blown or the two relays between the fuse and lamps are out.

Good Luck.

Guest bones774

Thanks that sounds good. The rear lights all work so maybe the relays? Do you know where they are located? thanks agaain. I will take a look first thing tmrw.

Most should be under the main fuse panel under the driver side kick panel. As for the relay - hard to say. They put them all over the place - left and right kick panels, under the dash, inline with the circuit. I'd look at the easier places first before I start tearing into the dash.

Good Luck.

Guest bones774

I checked all the fuses, even those outside and above fusebox, checked those relays there also everything OK. Have not found any inline fuse, though. Still feel it must be something common to the three different switches. Any other help from anybody. Thanksk

Topic List