Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

98 Corolla Brakes

Guest sxn179

I was wondering if anyone had feeback on the recommended KVR Performance semi metallic brake pad and cross drilled rotors.

I just want the best for stopping and it seems to be these performance parts.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks ...

Upgrading to cross-drilled or slotted rotors with performance pads will not decrease braking distances. The best they can do for you is allow multiple stops from high speeds with consistent pedal feel and reduced fade. There have been studies done by Car and Driver, Super Street, and Import Tuner that shows this.

KVR makes several different compounds - some with a carbon fiber mix and kevlar insulation. I've heard both good and bad with them. Some had much better braking "feel", others liked the "grabbiness" of the inital pedal application - some did not. Others have complained about increase pedal travel before maximum braking can be applied and some with very aggressive rotor wear and noise.

Kind of boils down to what type of braking you want from the car. If it is maximum stopping power - then better tires will give you tangible results. If you do a lot of autocrossing or need a fade resistant brakes - then this may be the ticket. Keep in mind that with most "performance" parts - what you pay is what you get. Don't skimp on something as important as the brakes.

Good Luck.

Guest sxn179

Thanks!!! I'll do some research at CnD. I appreciate your response.

I put Wagner Ceramic front pads on Wifey's '98 over a year ago, and it still stops well with plenty of pedal height, stock rotors too. No complaints.

Topic List