Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Exhaust

by Phoenix, May 16, 2007

lately ive been seeing alot of 4dr corollas with exhaust on them. I was wondering any spefic brands that are better than the other and will just about any work i would like a almost ricer sound idk why jus something to piss others off and the exhaust would be for a 1989 toyota corolla le 4af motor

if you want a ricer sound, buy an ebay muffler and get an exhaust shop to weld it on, or replace stock piping with custom piping. Shouldn't be much more than 150 altogether.

I bought a direct bolt on from ebay that's pretty ricer and it was only like 135 bucks

Bikeman982

What is wrong with stock exhaust?

It's clearly not ricey enough.

Cause new exhaust = great powah

Fart tips are keeeewl

Yeah, I got the stock exhaust... why would you wanna put a muffler on a Corolla?

Yeah, I got the stock exhaust... why would you wanna put a muffler on a Corolla?

If they are done right, they don't look or sound bad. If fact, if done right, they look good and sound good. The problem is that 95% of the wannabe street ricers, don't do it right.

I don't have plans to put any exhaust system on my car, but if I were going to do a cat-back, the magnaflow system looked pretty good. It has a resonator to fight that ricey droning sound, and was SS and because it's magnaflow, it should have a proper muffler that looks, fits, and sounds right.

Also, the TRD bolt on should work. I think it gets a 1HP gain claim. default_smile

BMF_RACING

I AGREE.

Just unbolt the muffler! Space it apart about a 1/4" with washers, then bolt it back up. You'll be happy

I would say the muffler is about the most embarassing thing on my Corolla. It looks like a sagging piece of rusty excrement hanging off the car's butt. I'm not saying we should all go for 4" fat cans, but our Corollas definately need something better looking; chrome tipped.

Bikeman982

Chrome tip won't help with power or exhaust tone, but definitely looks better than stock coming out the back.

Topic List