Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By 2007 Corolla S March 26, 2007

I got a 2007 Corolla S about 4 months ago and now I have a desire to make some modifications. I was not wise and bought an automatic rather than a manual. A couple things that came into mind after 4 months of driving this car is:

1. Intake

2. Audio/Stereo

3. Tail Lights (LED)

4. HID/Xenon

5. Exhaust

I've been searching on the internet for days and all I can seem to find thats compatible with my car is an ash tray or a TRD sticker. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I got a 2007 Corolla S about 4 months ago and now I have a desire to make some modifications. I was not wise and bought an automatic rather than a manual. A couple things that came into mind after 4 months of driving this car is:

1. Intake

2. Audio/Stereo

3. Tail Lights (LED)

4. HID/Xenon

5. Exhaust

I've been searching on the internet for days and all I can seem to find thats compatible with my car is an ash tray or a TRD sticker. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Intake as I have read don't give noticeable benefits.

You need a special bezel because of the curved surface of the stock headunit, but after it's taken care of you can change your stereo.

Go all LEDs by all means! default_biggrin You will need a special LED-tolerant flasher to change directionals though.

HID is a tedious retrofit if you want it done right.

Exhaust... hmm... I'll let others chime in. default_tongue

• 1,424 posts

Since DOT has not approved any HID retrofit kit, they aren't legal to have anywhere.

If the original poster doesn't care about that, and is willing to pay for the parts and put the effort into it to get it done right, more power to him.

Since DOT has not approved any HID retrofit kit, they aren't legal to have anywhere.

If the original poster doesn't care about that, and is willing to pay for the parts and put the effort into it to get it done right, more power to him.

Thanks.

What's a good website/vendor/brand to go with for performance parts? TRD is really expensive. The only website I was told to go to was aempower.

I've been searching on the internet for days and all I can seem to find thats compatible with my car is an ash tray or a TRD sticker.

That "TRD" sticker lists for about $80 CDN at Toyota, so I wouldn't want to buy too many. I was in the right place at the right time.

The stereo...YES. My Corolla sounds better than any other vehicle I own and you don't even need a subwoofer. Upgrade and you will be quite happy.

About to get my paycheck soon. I'm thinking about investing a good chunk right now. I would like some feedback.<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Corolla-Altis-Chrome-Clear-Headlights-03-07_W0QQitemZ260108801903QQihZ016QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank"></a>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Coro...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comes in pairs ??

Lamps generally come in pairs, unless so marked. Seller didn't indicate either way - so CYA and ask them before you buy. Cost is about ballpark for similar ones on the market.

Seatcovers - they look identical to ones that someone else purchased on another forum - said they fit like $%. Didn't fit snugly, was loose. I would check locally for similar patterns - buy retail, that way if there is a problem, you can bring them right back and try something else.

Note this is a CF "Look" grille - just the regular plastic grill with a vinyl overlay that looks like carbon fiber. For the price - I'd worry about it fitting correctly in the hood. Your call on that. Don't buy it to save weight, just for looks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-CORO...1QQcmdZViewItem

This would be nice to have...but how do I go about installing without breaking things...

Vinyl dash overlays are not too bad to install. Definitely go with a company that has some warranty on it (not just on the material, but on overall workmanship) - not sure if this eBayer has that. Basically peel and stick type of deal - you have to make sure the parts are spot on, fitment wise, or you will pick out the defects very easily with your eyes (vinyl is flexible to a certain extent). Plus it will be a PITA to pull them off and restart - not impossible though. Also keep in mind that this is flat stock, not molded - so it will look like you put a stick on the interior bits. I've seen some people use a heat gun to help soften the vinyl to get it to stick to corners and fit to curves, but tends to peel back out, if the surface has any contaminants.

And maybe last but not least top it off with a TRD sticker

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Should be able to find any number of TRD stickers - just depends if you want something on flat stock or a raised badge type one.

If it was my ride - I would save the paycheck for more tangible mods - audio system, intake, exhaust, suspension, wheels, tires, etc. Nothing wrong with making it looks nice, just that you might want to take your project in another direction (repaint, graphics, etc.) and most of what you will purchase may not work at that time.

If it was my ride - I would save the paycheck for more tangible mods - audio system, intake, exhaust, suspension, wheels, tires, etc. Nothing wrong with making it looks nice, just that you might want to take your project in another direction (repaint, graphics, etc.) and most of what you will purchase may not work at that time.

Oh thanks for reminding me...will 03 Cold Air Intake fit 07?

Nope - 2005 and up use DBW throttle bodies - they are a different size than the earlier cable operated ones. Plus you have to do some extra mods for the air pump - not too bad, but something you have to remember or you will get a CEL.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)