Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Removing Rear Emblem

by Gold101, March 4, 2007

Does anybody know how to remove the rear toyota emblem safely?

I would like to be able to reattach the emblem and want it to survive removal.

I used lots of dental floss to separate the emblem from the glue. The adhesive foam backing was mostly intact. I then used 3M Plastic, Emblem, and Trim Adhesive to reattach the emblem.

A little over a year following the emblem reattachment, the emblem fell off when the trunk was closed one morning when temperatures dropped to the upper 20s (rare for Austin, Texas). The paint was damaged a little (air pockets under a tiny section) under where the glue was used.

I have since purchased a new emblem off ebay with a new adhesive foam backing.

hmmm... I only have the emblem in the center that is bolted through the trunk. I am more concerned with how it is bolted through, I am at a loss as to how this can be done without damaging these "bolts."

I ask because my emblem is damaged, the chrome is chipped off and sharp around the edges revealing a white/yellow plastic beneath, it looks bad so I would like to try and work some magic on it's appearance.

Bolted through the trunk... which year Corolla have you got? What does this particular emblem look like?

Bikeman982

hmmm... I only have the emblem in the center that is bolted through the trunk. I am more concerned with how it is bolted through, I am at a loss as to how this can be done without damaging these "bolts."

I ask because my emblem is damaged, the chrome is chipped off and sharp around the edges revealing a white/yellow plastic beneath, it looks bad so I would like to try and work some magic on it's appearance.

Can you see the bolts??

If you can remove them, take off the bolts and also use the dental floss or fishing line trick to get it separated from the trunk.

It's a 95 base model corolla.

The issue though is that they are not bolts, more rivets and I can not figure out how to remove it without destroying them. If you look at your own corolla, or any toyota they have this emblem that is held in place by these things.

Gold,

I am not 100% sure on this, but those may just be locator pins.

Or they may be locator/mounting pins, which are actually not locked in. Just seems stuck b/c of the glue, etc, that keeps them in.

(just going from experience)

Also, when you are debaging, it often helps if you warm the emblem using a heat gun (or hair dryer).

good luck,

tdk.

Gold,

I am not 100% sure on this, but those may just be locator pins.

Or they may be locator/mounting pins, which are actually not locked in. Just seems stuck b/c of the glue, etc, that keeps them in.

(just going from experience)

Also, when you are debaging, it often helps if you warm the emblem using a heat gun (or hair dryer).

good luck,

tdk.

Ahh, I didn't even consider this. I will seperate the glue and try to get the emblem out. That would make sense so the trunk design automatically centers the logo on its own. I'll post my results with this, probably later tonight.

Thanks

Topic List