Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Vibration...again

Guest davect

Very angry with the Toyota dealer right now. I've had a vibration problem at highway speed with my 1999 Corolla LE for a very long time. Several attempts have been made by the dealer to fix it. We've done alignments, balanced tires (this is the third set of tires on this car), and just today they replaced a wheel bearing and hub. Guess what? The problem persists, despite the fact the mechanic stated on the work order the problem no longer exists. I've spent so much time and money on this one problem I'm about to give up and forget about it (almost time for a new car anyway). ****uming the tires are in good condition and balanced, the front end is aligned, and the bearings are OK, what else could be causing this vibration problem? And how firm should I be with the dealer about fixing this once and for all at no additional cost to me?

Thanks,

Frustrated and pi**ed off in CT

Guest PwnT

well, i don't see you mentioning you got new motor mounts.. that could be the problem.. loose, faulty, or just plain out worn motor mounts can cause engine vibrations.. check on that if you haven't already.

Topic List