Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

My Dog

By Bikeman982, February 21, 2007

Bikeman982

I had pictures of my car with my dog in the background.

Here is pictures of my dog with my car in the background.

Enjoy.

Nice looking poochie, Howard. I'll have to post some photos of Sally, my foster cat. Just out of curiosity, why do a lot of your photos have that purplish cast to them?

Bikeman982

Nice looking poochie, Howard. I'll have to post some photos of Sally, my foster cat. Just out of curiosity, why do a lot of your photos have that purplish cast to them?
Might be the cheap digital camera I use.

Bikeman982

Check out my dog now - he had surgey on his knee,

Now he has a bionic one - pins and plates, etc,

These were taken with a newer digital camera.

Bikeman982

His bandages have been removed and the stitches have healed.

He might still have a problem as the doctor reviewed the x-rays and there may be a fracture.

He does not seem to want to walk on the leg and he hops about on his three good ones.

Eventually he will need pins and plate in his other leg, but not until it starts to bother him.

Bikeman982

Update on the dog: Monday he had the same kind of surgery on his other leg.

He is restricted on movement, but after he heals, he will be like a bionic dog.

He has pins and plates in both knees. Only $3400 a leg. No bandage this time, just exposed stitches.

I will try to post some pictures.

Howard:

That is a very nice dog you have there, I hope the knee replacement surgeries work out well and he is restored to good health!

That talking dog video was great, but I think my leg was being pulled a bit. I think some clever editing was done to the sound tracks.

Bikeman982

Here's some pictures for you Larry -

I thought the talking dog video was cute.

Bikeman982

We thought the dog resembled a Rhodesian Ridgeback (without the ridge), but had a DNA test done.

The results say he is more of a Staffordshire Bull Terrior.

Surprised me - he doesn't look much like one.

Check out this - very humorous -

https://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n11/SCD...nt=9d84055e.flv

I just looked at this again, and have come to the conclusion that our collective legs are definitely being pulled! I've heard dogs and cats make a lot of noises that seem to mimic human speech, but it is absolutely impossible for them to vocalize such complete phrases, at the prompting of their human, on demand and with such easily understandable clarity. A dog's brain simply doesn't have enough intellect to understand human language; he just associates the noises we make with things we do. "Repeating" a phrase such as "I love my momma!" would require an intelligence level which simply doesn't exist in dogs. If it were so, then they would be "trainable" in infinitely more complex ways, to the point where they could communicate with us using many phrases, instead of just one.

If I'm wrong about this, it won't be enough to say so -- you'll have to prove it!

BTW how did the K-9 knee replacements work out?

Bikeman982

I just looked at this again, and have come to the conclusion that our collective legs are definitely being pulled! I've heard dogs and cats make a lot of noises that seem to mimic human speech, but it is absolutely impossible for them to vocalize such complete phrases, at the prompting of their human, on demand and with such easily understandable clarity. A dog's brain simply doesn't have enough intellect to understand human language; he just associates the noises we make with things we do. "Repeating" a phrase such as "I love my momma!" would require an intelligence level which simply doesn't exist in dogs. If it were so, then they would be "trainable" in infinitely more complex ways, to the point where they could communicate with us using many phrases, instead of just one.

If I'm wrong about this, it won't be enough to say so -- you'll have to prove it!

BTW how did the K-9 knee replacements work out?

Larry,

I think the dogs genuinely made the sounds (like words), but they knew not what they were saying.

The dog had to have a plate and pin removed from his left rear leg, because it was causing too much pain.

He is still restricted on running, but it seems to be much better.

He still has plates and pins in the right rear leg and also one plate and a couple of pins on the left.

Thanks for asking.

Good looking dog. Had to put my 12yr old mastiff down a few months ago. Sad without him around but he's out of his suffering. Hope your dog is doing better now.

Bikeman982

Good looking dog. Had to put my 12yr old mastiff down a few months ago. Sad without him around but he's out of his suffering. Hope your dog is doing better now.

My dog is doing great now.

He runs, but we don't let him run for a long time.

The best thing you can do is to get yourself another dog.

Nothing like "Man's best friend!"

In time Im sure I will but right now Im enjoying the perks of not having a dog to take care of. I still have my cat and he's a real trip so all's well.

Bikeman982

In time Im sure I will but right now Im enjoying the perks of not having a dog to take care of. I still have my cat and he's a real trip so all's well.
Well, at least you still have a cat.

Well, at least you still have a cat.

He's a handfull. Toughest cat on the block where any challengers are sent packing, yet the most affectionate cat Ive ever had and doesnt talk a lot either which I really like. He's happy and full of life, runs across the yard and jumps up trees pretending to chase something just to play. Catches birds, baby rabbits, moles and mice too. He's a real trip. 

Bikeman982

My cat is getting old and has some bad habits.

She leaves her scent on the carpets and any clothing left on the floor.

The place smells like cat and my wife is constantly washing the blanket from the dog's bed.

She also makes lots of noises.

My cat is getting old and has some bad habits.

She leaves her scent on the carpets and any clothing left on the floor.

The place smells like cat and my wife is constantly washing the blanket from the dog's bed.

She also makes lots of noises.

you should probably get her to the vet, it sounds like she may have a urinary tract infection. it can be easily cleared with some medication and a different food.

Did you take the cat to the vet?

Could also be her anal glands are backed up. Common problem with cats and vets can resolve the problem. This or a UTI like bitter suggested can be very painful and the cost won't be high to fix them up so you really should take her to the vet asap.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else