Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Upper Strut Bar

by brethauer, February 10, 2007

That is a generic photo. Either way, any strut tower brace will help out. I was thinking about trying to find a used XRS one.

hmm if/when you get it let me know how you like it and if you feel any difference

2 weeks ago, I added a strut bar to my 98' Corolla. I actually didn't notice much of a difference in terms of cornering ability, but then again, I already have a coilover suspension kit installed which lowered the height by about 1.2" overall. I noticed a huge performance difference when the springs were installed 3 months ago. I'm sure the strut bar adds further to the performance, its just harder to notice it. I would certainly recommend it to anyone since its relatively cheap and easier to install.

Bikeman982

It looks good, but it's functionality would have to be tested.

I've bought one for my 1998 white and black. Hmmm....it is definitely more difficult to notice especially if suspension work has been done. The corolla chassis flexes immensely, you won't feel any difference until you make a harsh hard turn, say a right turn at 30mph. My 1998 is the CE base model which lacks a front sway bar because toyota singles out its 98 base models due to them being gay. However, because I don't have a front sway bar, I noticed an improvement in my handling. Hope this helps, I got my strut bar for about $13 on ebay.

I would deffinately recomend a strut tower brace even though I do not have one yet. Friends have put them on and loved them. But I would not spend that much for a strut tower brace, I believe megan racing makes one for less than 20 dollars and it looks fine, they will all do the same thing for the most part. I plan on getting one once its warm out again.

I don't have one on my Corolla (yet), but I've had them on other cars and they do help out big time if you try and corner hard. If you want to try one, don't spend too much money on one. Also, you need decent shocks, struts, and tires to take corners well.

A strut tower brace is just one more thing to help out, but they really only shine on hard corners.

I am expecting my upper front strut bar today in the mail. Installation im guessing is quite simple? I dunno, It was from ebay, and it was like 30 dollars with shipping so why not? I like the idea of strengthening and stiffening the front end, and it'll handle better, even though it already handles good.

I just bought a no-name brand one from eBay too. It was about $40. I've looked into the TRD catalog and it was something like $100+. Is there much difference between the TRD bar and a generic one? Better performance?

I just bought a no-name brand one from eBay too. It was about $40. I've looked into the TRD catalog and it was something like $100+. Is there much difference between the TRD bar and a generic one? Better performance?

I don't know what you bought, but their probably isn't a huge difference. Buying TRD parts is one way to know you got a good product, but too much of the cost is just in the TRD name. It's just rebadged stuff that other people make. Toyota test and approves it, but other then that TRD parts are not GOD like or anything.

I've been using a Ractive (I think it's called) strut tower brace for years now and it's held up just fine. I think I got it for like $35 or something. I've even used it on two cars. Same maker, exact same strut placement.

Got the Strut Bar on, and everything. Seems to be doin good, and seems to handle better, also the front end feels much more secure and stiff, it feels good. Pretty good 30 dollars spent.

Sorry i havent followed up in so long. Ive been really busy w/class and work..and sadly the part i bought was on back order for a month. I finally got it on a little over a week ago and it was definately the difference between night and day...great mod for looks as well as performance!

Bikeman982

Anything that stiffens your suspension will make your car handle better.

Good to hear that you are happy with your purchase.

Anything that stiffens your suspension will make your car handle better.Good to hear that you are happy with your purchase.

I think any type of upgraded brace is going to make a car more enjoyable. A strut tower brace, sway bars, shocks, etc.

A strut tower brace helps to stop flexing in the front of the car. It usually takes hard corners to really tell, but I think that normal driving feels more solid.

If your driving a corolla and you want fun, corners is about all you got. You don't need HP to have fun, just the ability to throw the car in a corner without slowing down. default_smile Oh, and in control. Very important.

Bikeman982

Anything that stiffens your suspension will make your car handle better.Good to hear that you are happy with your purchase.

I think any type of upgraded brace is going to make a car more enjoyable. A strut tower brace, sway bars, shocks, etc.

A strut tower brace helps to stop flexing in the front of the car. It usually takes hard corners to really tell, but I think that normal driving feels more solid.

If your driving a corolla and you want fun, corners is about all you got. You don't need HP to have fun, just the ability to throw the car in a corner without slowing down. default_smile Oh, and in control. Very important.

Try taking a corner fast with a low tire!

I had one the other day and the car felt like it was going to wash off to the side.

Fortunately I pumped it up and now it is back to normal.

i put a strut on 3 months ago i also got mine off of ebay but i paid 6 bucks for it it is a generic bar with different mounts to fit my 01 corolla seems to work good turning is definatly there but not as much as u may think but it is there worth the 6 bufcks i spent on it

Topic List