Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Wiring In Radio To 1992 Toyota Corolla

By Guest jtimberleg, February 8, 2007 in Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm

Guest jtimberleg

Hi!

Is there anyone who can help me wire in a radio to my '92 toyota corolla?

My last radio was stolen and the wires slashed. I bought a new one and am now trying to splice the wires. While the wires on the radio are clearly labelled that is not the case on the car and the colours of the wires don't look like they follow any logic.

but the main problem is that I touched two wires off each other and they sparked, not the light doesn't go on when the door opens and the clock has stopped working. I checked all the fuses and they are fine. Before this blunder I had found the speaker wires by making the them fuzz when I touched wires off one another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a million

John default_unsure

Bikeman982

Hi!Is there anyone who can help me wire in a radio to my '92 toyota corolla?

My last radio was stolen and the wires slashed. I bought a new one and am now trying to splice the wires. While the wires on the radio are clearly labelled that is not the case on the car and the colours of the wires don't look like they follow any logic.

but the main problem is that I touched two wires off each other and they sparked, not the light doesn't go on when the door opens and the clock has stopped working. I checked all the fuses and they are fine. Before this blunder I had found the speaker wires by making the them fuzz when I touched wires off one another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a million

John default_unsure

That's a hard way to do it - you will probably blow out some fuses, so have extras available.

The gray wire is a power wire that goes to a 7.5A fuse..

The light green is for the front speakers with light blue for the right speaker and pink for left.

The red and the white wires are for the right rear speaker.

The black and the yellow wires are for the left rear speaker.

The brown wire is a ground wire.

Hope that helps.

Bikeman982

Here is a link that might also help out - good reference to have.

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf

For most Toyotas.

Excellent link that also has a picture of the connectors, as well as the color codes.

Topic List: Go to Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm