Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Got Salt?

By K_Watson, February 5, 2007

K_Watson

I saw this in Fishers. I bet when it's parked you can hear it rust.

click

Now that is just called neglect. You can tell that driver has no sense of self-esteem or respect whatsoever. I suppose if I was driving a Chevy Uplander, I wouldn't have much respect for myself either default_laugh

Numbers on the right side make me think that is a fleet car - person driving probably doesn't care how it looks, not their personal car. Still - looks pretty bad to get that much salt spray on it and not bother to at least clean the window.

I'd be curious as to where that photo was taken. The salt-crust on that Uplander is so bad one can't even read the license tag, which I'm sure the local constabulary wouldn't appreciate. Let's hope that car was heading to the nearest car wash!

K_Watson

The picture was taken at the intersection of 131st street and Highway 37 in Fishers, Indiana. It is a fleet vehicle for a local vending machine company. The license plate in the picture is not visible because I colored over it using the same color as the area around the numbers. But even in the unaltered picture the numbers are still very hard to read. I also obscured the website of the company.

Just this morning on my way to school, there was a Chevy Suburban in front of me that looked just like this Uplander, salt and mud spray all over! I couldn't even make out the license it was so bad. Damn, I knew I should carry my digital camera with me in the car, but it was on the highway so it probably would have been too dangerous to take a picture.

Maybe its just me, but it seems like most of the oversized trucks and SUVs out there are always dirty and disgusting looking. Is it neglect or do they just think it makes their gas-guzzling oversized cars look "tough"?

Hate to admit, but my truck kinda looks like that...

my poor truck...

tdk.

I've washed my car a few times the last couple of days and my car can look like that van within minutes of driving on our highways. Luckily salt doesn't seem to be used here, but some other stuff that doesn't rust the cars out as much.

I've washed my car a few times the last couple of days and my car can look like that van within minutes of driving on our highways. Luckily salt doesn't seem to be used here, but some other stuff that doesn't rust the cars out as much.

I agree, my car looks like that too. I'm going to need new wiper fluid soon, cuz I have to keep washing the windshield just to see.

Both my trucks are relatively clean. I usually don't bother washing working (as opposed to show) trucks unless they get really messy. After all. they're made to do work, not look purty.

I noticed today my tan corolla is white up to the door handles with splatters above that point. default_sad

jim

Wow. That sucks.

It was 60* here the other day.

i saw salt crust falling off a dodge truck the other day at the theatre lol

Bikeman982

They are too busy driving it to stop and clean it.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else