Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Adding A Block Heater

by tinto99, December 23, 2006

I have no garage, and I live in the Great White North. Although, this year will likely be the first in my lifetime that we haven't had a white Christmas.

Still, Jan and Feb can be brutal here.

I have a '97 'Rolla SD. Can I retrofit a block heater so I can plug it in during the -20, -30, -40 nights? (the parking spaces provided by the condo dev't has some handy electrical outlets right at my space, so no extension cords required).

Thanks in advance.

Bikeman982

I have not seen a block heater for my car, but I don't see why one could not be used, if you found one for your car.

You might want to look at one of those inline heaters that get spliced into the radiator hose. They are fairly universal and much easier to install.

I bought a block heater for my 98 and still haven't gotten around to putting it in.

Bikeman982

You might want to look at one of those inline heaters that get spliced into the radiator hose. They are fairly universal and much easier to install.

I bought a block heater for my 98 and still haven't gotten around to putting it in.

Are you waiting for warmer weather?

I have the same problem with my A/C.

When it is hot out I think about getting it fixed, but by the time I really would do it, it has cooled off and I don't need it.

It happens like that every year!

This reminds me of a PBS show about Siberia. The Ruskies idea of block heater is holding a flaming torch under the oil pan of their Soviet made truck. Amazing how creative people can be when deprived.

where can i get one of the inline ones?

Thanks to all. I'll look into the inline heaters.

Topic List