Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

What Type Of Wax Do You Use?

by jfmtnbiker, December 18, 2006

See every reply in these pages:

Yup - I keep all my stuff inside when the weather turns real cold. The Carnuba stuff starts to break apart and separate, after it thaws out. Not sure what the NXT does - as I keep them inside now. Might still be OK - since it is synthetic - just thaw and see if anything settled out, might just need some shaking and all is well.

Bikeman982

Ya, but if you wax it too much in a year doesn't it make the paint fade faster..??
Waxing puts on a slippery coating on your car to protect it.

I have not heard of it causing the paint to fade more.

Paint fades due to overexposure to sunlight.

I think the extent of fading depends on the type of paint and the exposure time.

Ya, but if you wax it too much in a year doesn't it make the paint fade faster..??

I think the extent of fading depends on the type of paint and the exposure time.

oh okay.. i think it's the wrong info from what my friend told me.. probably it's how many times you wash it..

So the Meguiar NXT is the best?? I might try that on the cars..

Bikeman982

oh okay.. i think it's the wrong info from what my friend told me.. probably it's how many times you wash it..

So the Meguiar NXT is the best?? I might try that on the cars..

Meguiar's is very popular.

Well, it may seem like it since almost everybody is saying in this thread that Meguiar is the best..

Bikeman982

Well, it may seem like it since almost everybody is saying in this thread that Meguiar is the best..

Being the most popular does not make the wax the best, but maybe the choice for those that want to go with something that has been used by others and might work for them, as well. There are other brands and types of waxes available on the market.

I use 2, I have Einszett Glanz wax and polish, and Eagle 1 nanowax. the Nanowax is good for hiding small scratches, and is a bit better reserved for winter duty. in the summer, my corolla gets a good polish job and a coat of Glanz wax. Glanz wax is all synthetic, and its GREAT stuff, and beads for nearly 5 months! Their products are a little hard to find here in the states, so its best to look online. I also HIGHLY suggest the 1Z (einszett) Glanz shampoo, it won't strip the wax. the site is www.1z-usa.com

Bikeman982

I use Turtle Wax and it seems to work good.

I do a bit of auto detailing on the side, and I get awesome results by using Meguiar's cleaner wax first, follwed by their Gold Class liquid wax. When I am done , a buffer cloth will literally slide off the hood of the car, it is so smooth...finish lasts for months as well-I usually wax mine and my wife's car only twice a year.

Meguiar's NXT

• 1,424 posts
Meguiar's NXT

Same here. I've used the liquid exclusively on my rides since NXT was introduced. It provides long lasting protection and makes dark colored cars really shine. It also fills in the swirls in a dark colored car quite well.

Just used the NXT wax for the first time a few days ago. All I can say is WOW. Hood is more slippery than a used car salesman. The bugs that got splattered on the front bumper just rinse off with a hose. Amazing stuff.

Has anyone tried out that Turtle Liquid Clay bottle?

Has anyone tried out that Turtle Liquid Clay bottle?

Dont use any type of turtle wax it is horrible for ur paint...ive been detailin cars for 10 years now and meguirs is the best store bought brand..

Guest papi1962

trying Megauiars 26 wax for first time on my 2010 corolla s. color is Barcelona red. I've done a lot of reading about the wax & I am giving it a try. I have so many different car care products. some are hardly used because they are sub-par. I am always willing to test new products. nothing crazy have used meguirs synthetic, a paint sealer that describes the product as spraying millions of pieces of nano glass pieces ( you are told to wear the protective mask that come with the kit) I like it a lot. even when my car is "dirty" people always ask how & what I do to make my car "pop". I'll get back on how well I feel it does the job. My car is never more than a month without product. after a car wash sometimes I use the turtle wax "detailer" spray. I really like the results. believe me I have mostly full bottles of other detailing spray. when I go to the auto store I am always looking buying & trying new product. it is a little costly but I enjoy the shopping comparing of products. maybe I should have a trunk sale of the product I really don't like. a big fire sale.

Topic List