Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Is Anybody Using Ie 7 ?

By NILLINOIS, December 12, 2006

XP auto update wants to install IE 7. I'm a bit leery, since I've heard so many not so nice things about compatability. Will anyone recommend it?

Max

Been using it for several weeks now with no trouble. Much better than IE 6. Has the tabs like Firefox, print controls, etc.

• 1,424 posts
XP auto update wants to install IE 7. I'm a bit leery, since I've heard so many not so nice things about compatability. Will anyone recommend it?

I had to upgrade to it, (it was required to access the network at school). I use Firefox exclusively, so I've only used it to do windows updates when I had to manually do them to access my network. It looks and acts a lot like Firefox, but I still prefer Firefox because it isn't the Microsoft Corporations newest tool.

K_Watson

Won't touch it with a 40 foot pole.

I upgraded to it automatically a couple of weeks ago. I didn't even give it a second chance as nothing looked familiar to me anymore and quickly did a system restore.

Bikeman982

I am using it and have had no problems.

I'm weaning myself off the Windows virus entirely. I've been using Linux (Ubuntu ver. 6.06) for several weeks now, and the Firefox browser which comes with the distro is absolutely fabulous. It does lack some multi-media support, but I'll upgrade to the latest version which should solve most of that issue. I'm also pondering the purchase of some sort of Mac, but am waiting to see how my finances survive the Christmas season before investing in another computer.

As for IE7, I'm sure it's better than IE6, but it is still a virus/spam magnet and has more holes than Bonnie and Clyde after their last drive in the country. If I were you, I'd download Firefox instead. They do have a Windows version.

Bikeman982

I'm weaning myself off the Windows virus entirely. I've been using Linux (Ubuntu ver. 6.06) for several weeks now, and the Firefox browser which comes with the distro is absolutely fabulous. It does lack some multi-media support, but I'll upgrade to the latest version which should solve most of that issue. I'm also pondering the purchase of some sort of Mac, but am waiting to see how my finances survive the Christmas season before investing in another computer.  

As for IE7, I'm sure it's better than IE6, but it is still a virus/spam magnet and has more holes than Bonnie and Clyde after their last drive in the country. If I were you, I'd download Firefox instead. They do have a Windows version.

Maybe you can figure out how to keep your letters from being so dark?

Yeha i have been using it also since it first came out. I like how i can use tabs and other features..but i mostly use Firrefox I only use IE 7 for certain websites that dont come out with other web browsers..

I use IE7, have been for a bit, even when it was beta, no problems, I like it, it's about time Microsoft made the changes.

IE7 is hit or miss - depends on the computer you are trying to install it on. Example - two Windows boxes at home - both Intel chipsets/processors - Windows XP Pro. One works just fine - other totally unstable, stuff is just broken (Process.Start issues with some threading). At work - same deal - we have some Dell/HP boxes, works just fine. Others are pancaked - have to go back to a restore point or repave the machine. Seems to be very dependant on the build of the target machine - this will mean lots of trouble for some people. Workaround is non-trival for most users - and given the sheer number and different builds of all these Windows machines, its a wonder this works at all.

When it works - I like it just fine. But you have the same features you basically have in Mozilla's Firefox and other browsers out there. I'd wait before jumping on IE7 - still has some bugs to work out.

Bikeman982

I think it is downloadable from the internet.

I am using it at work.

It works fine, but I prefer the older version.

I prob will not update my home PCs.

tdk

Topic List: Go to Everything Else