Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Verizon

By Bitter, December 12, 2006

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43665

ok... actually.. i do know the difference... but it seems like the people @ verizon dont:

http://media.putfile.com/Verizon-Bad-Math

Here's the background:

I have a Verizon unlimited data plan in the U.S. and recently crossed the border to Canada. Pior to crossing the border I called customer service to find out what rates I'd be paying for voice and data. The data rate I was quoted was ".002 cents per kilobyte."

I was surprised at the rate so I confirmed it with the representative I spoke to, and she confirmed it "point zero zero two cents per kilobyte." I asked her to note that in my account.

I received my bill and was charged $.002/KB - which is dollars - "point zero zero 2 dollars per kilobyte". As it is translated to cents would be .2 cents or 2 tenths of a cent - which is a 100 times greater rate than I was quoted.

My bill for my data usage in Canada was therefore much greater than I had expected - using the quote I was provided before my usage.

I have tried to resolve this issue with customer service reps on the phone, but noone seems to see the difference between ".002 cents" and ".002 dollars".

Here is the audio of my most recent call with them on the matter. I started recording when they put on the supervisor - I was a bit ticked at that point.

Who knew what confusion "$1 = 100 cents" could cause?

I'm still currently on the hook for the $71 and change. Hopefully someone at Verizon will figure this out and make amends.

btw... it's actually NOT 1hr 43min long... it's an error in the file or sumthin

http://xkcd.com/verizon/verizon.jpg

Ha Ha - that is classis. I would like to see what the accounts people will do when they get a check written out like that.

But yeah, that is pretty bad - I've used Verizon before, until I ran into some issues - then jumped to another carrier. So of a round-robin deal - jump from carrier to carrier, until you're back to the previous carrier - and hopefully they get their act together and sweeten the pot with a good price on a service plan.

ya pretty much verizon is so good but here in IN they havent got alot of phone companies that work all over the state and since i have to travel all over the state and make long distance phone calls everyday they are the only plan i can use for now, i swear all they do is scam people buy trying to act dumb

• 1,424 posts
ya pretty much verizon is so good but here in IN they havent got alot of phone companies that work all over the state and since i have to travel all over the state and make long distance phone calls everyday they are the only plan i can use for now, i swear all they do is scam people buy trying to act dumb

Verizon service is excellent, their customer service is useless and their accounting is terrible. They overcharge because of computer issues and then take months to give you a credit. When you call to solve problems they can never help and you end up having to talk to the supervisor's supervisor to get even the most basic issues resolved.

Case in point, I ordered a Razr from Verizon a couple of months ago. I bought it directly from Verizon.com as a replacement for my V60s when my new every two discount was available. They didn't ship my phone and didn't ship and didn't ship. I finally called and waited on hold for 50 minutes to get the issue resolved. Turns out that since I paid with a credit card and I had to put in my name and billing address, they got confused and didn't know what account to assign the phone to.

What dipsnips, I A) ordered online via my account, so they should have known what account to assign it to, and default_cool gave them the phone number for the phone I was replacing, so again they should have known what account to assign it to. When they finally sorted that part out, they informed me that they still could not ship my phone because I didn't have administrative privilege on the account. Again, what dipsnips, I set up the account in the first place, I was set up as an administrator for the account on day 1 because the account owner doesn't deal with phones. Two months after setting up the account the plan was changed and I was made administrator again. Somehow they lost that information and needed to be added once again.

If it was not for the fact that Sprint/Nextel, Cingular and T-Mobile don't work worth a tinker's damn in my area, I'd be all over Cingular or T-Mobile. They don't screw things up like Verizon does and they have cheaper, thinner and cooler phones.

Max

Wow. Glad I have Cingular; not a moment's trouble in 7 years with connectivity or service.

HaHa....the audio is funny!

Bikeman982

I use Cingular and have not had any problems.

The antenna fell off my phone and it would have cost $26 to get it replaced at a phone store.

I called Cingular customer service and ordered one for $10. It came about 5 days later.

I think I saved money there.

I think there are just a lot of people who cant read.

I am sure that in their systems, it prob said $0.002, but the operators read it as 0.002cents AND prob thought that they are the same thing.

(I've been with Verizon for over 3yrs now)

tdk.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else