Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2007 Passenger Door Vibrates When Closing.

Guest gman79

Tonight, my wife shut the passenger door and said "What was that???" Naturally, I had no idea what she was talking about since I usually drive by myself. Sure enough, I opened and shut the passenger door and heard a vibration that lingered a good half second after the door was shut. I tried the other three doors and they are all fine.

Could something have come loose inside? I am sure it will be covered by the warranty, assuming the dealer isn't too lazy to fix it and doesn't pretend he can't hear it. It only has 3000 miles and I bought it 2 months ago.

• 1,424 posts
Tonight, my wife shut the passenger door and said "What was that???" Naturally, I had no idea what she was talking about since I usually drive by myself. Sure enough, I opened and shut the passenger door and heard a vibration that lingered a good half second after the door was shut. I tried the other three doors and they are all fine.

Could something have come loose inside? I am sure it will be covered by the warranty, assuming the dealer isn't too lazy to fix it and doesn't pretend he can't hear it. It only has 3000 miles and I bought it 2 months ago.

There is probably something loose inside the door. Take it to the dealer, if your dealer is worth a tinkers damn, they'll fix it. It is covered under warranty and they're going to get paid a lot for a 1/2 hour job, so they should be more than happy to fix it for you.

If they won't, take it somewhere else and call Toyota to complain.

Bikeman982

Most likely it is one of the rods that go to your door handle or door lock.

Take it to the dealer and have them fix it. I bet it is covered in the warranty.

Guest gman79

Most likely it is one of the rods that go to your door handle or door lock.Take it to the dealer and have them fix it. I bet it is covered in the warranty.

Thanks. I took it in this morning, and they said the inside of the door was "poorly insulated." So he added some insulation and the vibration is now gone.

I like my car again.

Bikeman982

Most likely it is one of the rods that go to your door handle or door lock.

Take it to the dealer and have them fix it. I bet it is covered in the warranty.

Thanks. I took it in this morning, and they said the inside of the door was "poorly insulated." So he added some insulation and the vibration is now gone.

I like my car again.

They just stuffed some insulation inside to keep the rods from rattling.

Another happy Corolla owner!!

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)