Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Rims

By 954afe, November 26, 2006

Ok so i have some old school motegi rims, not sure what they are called but they are rougly from around 1995, i bought them fro 160 with semi decent tires on them, since then i have painted them glossy black and put on hankook ventus rs2's, two tires are getting pretty bald, and the front ones have half tread left on them, im looking at getting different rims anyways and was offered some money for them last night, the offer was around 300, now i spent 160 on the rims and 450 on the tires, so is 300 reasonable?

which are bald? did you forget to rotate them?

ha i ran them until they were pretty close to bald and them rotated them, they work fine for autocross cause im just looking for the stickyness but for rain it gets intresting if i dont take them off

haha, well are you looking for an all season or summer only tire? i'd say keep the wheels and get new tires. $300 wont buy you much of a set of wheels and then you need to get tires too.

well 300 would help pay off some of my car im buying, i dont really need tires at all, im buying a new set on my hankooks next race season, maybe ill say 400-450, i mean i still have my stockies that it can sit on, im planning on storing the car anyways all winter.

Bikeman982

Sounds like you want to sell them and 300 is probably a fair price.

Start with that and if they don't sell, you can always ask for less.

Like anything of an auto parts/accessory nature that is well-used, it's value is precisely what someone is willing to pay for it. Determining an asking price is always tricky. I think your $300 starting price is fairly reasonable. If it's too high, you'll find out soon enough. If it was too low (which I doubt), you'll probably never know.

so pretty much ask too much for them and ask my way down to what they are willing to pay?

Bikeman982

so pretty much ask too much for them and ask my way down to what they are willing to pay?
You have to start somewhere and depending on how fast you want them sold, determines your price. Ask for too much and you will get no interest. Ask too little and someone will buy them right away. Start a little higher than your minimum acceptable amount and be willing to negotiate.

ya i dont want them sold to fast because i have to come up with a new set of rims by march and that means i have to order tires too, so i need to save up prolly around 1000 to get what i need

Bikeman982

ya i dont want them sold to fast because i have to come up with a new set of rims by march and that means i have to order tires too, so i need to save up prolly around 1000 to get what i need

Don't put them up for sale until you are ready to part with them.

Most people want their purchases right away.

ya im gonna put it off till the last minute, thanks for all the advice

Bikeman982

ya im gonna put it off till the last minute, thanks for all the advice

Good luck and keep us all informed.

well im pretty sure i found the rims i want, not sure with what size to go with i want a 15x8 but one i odnt think when turning it will clear and two when they are 15x8 they have a 3.5inch lip, now i think they come with a 0 offset or so im told, ill have to call and check on that, now going with fender flares has been on my mind but i dunno, would like some advice

http://www.sportmaxwheel.com/sportmax_002.shtml#

theres the site for the wheels i want, what do you guys think, little bit of old school on a newer car, maybe id just go with a 15x7 and stick with a 205/45/15 tire?

Bikeman982

well im pretty sure i found the rims i want, not sure with what size to go with i want a 15x8 but one i odnt think when turning it will clear and two when they are 15x8 they have a 3.5inch lip, now i think they come with a 0 offset or so im told, ill have to call and check on that, now going with fender flares has been on my mind but i dunno, would like some advice

http://www.sportmaxwheel.com/sportmax_002.shtml#

theres the site for the wheels i want, what do you guys think, little bit of old school on a newer car, maybe id just go with a 15x7 and stick with a 205/45/15 tire?

They look like nice rims, just be sure to get ones that will fit your car.

ya i know i think ill give them a call tomorrow and see what they can offer me, hopefully they can hook me up like hankook does, hate paying full price for things ha

Bikeman982

ya i know i think ill give them a call tomorrow and see what they can offer me, hopefully they can hook me up like hankook does, hate paying full price for things ha
Let us know what kind of a deal they give you.

Maybe if you tell them 100 people are waiting to see what kind of a deal you get, they will give you a good price, expecting our business.

ya thats a good idea, ill tell them the the corolla club wants to see what they can do, like what i did with hankook was they give me money towards tires and the amount i get depends on how well i do on there race, im hoping sportmax wheels would wanna help semi sponser me, would be nice to get a set of rims or two

Topic List: Go to Everything Else