Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2003 And 2004 Waterpumps

by Jake Bryce November 24, 2006

I had to have my 2004 Rollas waterpump changed under warranty at 21,000 miles. My 2003 has 50,000 miles, and while looking under the hood I see a very small amount of pink antifreeze residue on the alternator and waterpump pulleys. I can not find a visable leak though. Anyone else have a problem?

I have 80k miles on mine, no water pump problem yet.

If it is one, usually, you get dripping under engine where the pump is located at.

On the 2004 I got a small drip on the passenger side, and when I investigated I noticed dry crusty pink colored antifreeze around the waterpump and sprayed on the underside of the hood from the belt. I don't have any indication of a leak on the ground for the 2003, but I do see a little crusty pink anti freeze residue on different pulleys around the waterpump and drive belt.

Bad_dude

I bought a used 99 Corolla and don't really know the history but the car is in great condition, engine wise. How do I check the water pump leakage? Which side of the car is it? Is it easy to change out a new one?

Thanks.

I bought a used 99 Corolla and don't really know the history but the car is in great condition, engine wise. How do I check the water pump leakage? Which side of the car is it? Is it easy to change out a new one?Thanks.

just keep an eye on the anti freeze level first, if it drops, thenyou know.

Bikeman982

Water pumps have a "weep hole" on them so that if they go bad, they start to leak, rather than totally break.

You will know if the water pump is leaking by checking under the car where you park it.

Also the coolant level will go down and the engine may get hot when you run it for a while.

The pump is usually on the passengers side and has a pulley and a belt to spin it.

The newer cars also have tensioners to keep the belt tight.

Guest vallygrl2000

Water pumps have a "weep hole" on them so that if they go bad, they start to leak, rather than totally break.You will know if the water pump is leaking by checking under the car where you park it.

Also the coolant level will go down and the engine may get hot when you run it for a while.

The pump is usually on the passengers side and has a pulley and a belt to spin it.

My 2004 Corolla Water Pump went at 46,000. The resevevor emptied out completly on me and I took it in for that reason. The dealer told me it was the Water Pump. Luckily it was under warranty

Bikeman982

Water pumps have a "weep hole" on them so that if they go bad, they start to leak, rather than totally break.You will know if the water pump is leaking by checking under the car where you park it.

My 2004 Corolla Water Pump went at 46,000. The resevevor emptied out completly on me and I took it in for that reason. The dealer told me it was the Water Pump. Luckily it was under warranty

Which reservoir?, was it the coolant overflow or the radiator itself?

What symptoms did you notice?

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)