Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest vallygrl2000

The Factory Stero on my 2004 Corolla just Konked out on me last night while I was listening to a CD....it spit out the CD anf the power went out and I cant get it back on!! Ugh!!!!

Last month it was the clock, (dealer wanted $350 to replace that!!) and the month before it was the headlight (that ran me $80).......what is going on with Corolla parts? Have they been putting cheap parts in?

This is my 3rd Corolla and I never had any problems with my last 2 and they both had well over 100,000 miles on them before I traded them in!!

So anyone have any idea on what could be the problem with my stero/CD and if it needs to be replaced any idea on how much..........so I have an idea before I go down to the dealer and get raped LOL!

Thanks

Bikeman982

The Factory Stero on my 2004 Corolla just Konked out on me last night while I was listening to a CD....it spit out the CD anf the power went out and I cant get it back on!! Ugh!!!!

Last month it was the clock, (dealer wanted $350 to replace that!!) and the month before it was the headlight (that ran me $80).......what is going on with Corolla parts? Have they been putting cheap parts in?

This is my 3rd Corolla and I never had any problems with my last 2 and they both had well over 100,000 miles on them before I traded them in!!

So anyone have any idea on what could be the problem with my stero/CD and if it needs to be replaced any idea on how much..........so I have an idea before I go down to the dealer and get raped LOL!

Thanks

Could be just a streak of part failures.

The nature of things is to have limited life. Some items die prematurely, while that is balanced with some that live on longer than expected.

I feel your pain when it comes to the cost of repairs.

Time to try and fix some things yourself (with the help of repair manuals, and maybe some knowledgeable friends?).

When you can change parts yourself, the money spent is greatly reduced and the knowledge gained is priceless.

it would be best to replace your head unit that recently died with a quality aftermarket unit - for the same price you get a better product.

as for the clock provided the stereo was working (they have a clock in it) i personally wouldn't have bothered replacing the clock.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)