Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2000 Corolla - Driver Side Kick Panel

By misterken, November 20, 2006

The clock and radio went out after an accident. The body shop either reseated the fuse or replaced it - not sure which though. But they went out again, so I'm trying to check the fuse myself.

I removed the nut/bolt that secures the driver side kick panel but had the darnest time trying to remove the panel.

Anybody got any tips on removing it?

Bikeman982

The clock and radio went out after an accident. The body shop either reseated the fuse or replaced it - not sure which though. But they went out again, so I'm trying to check the fuse myself.

I removed the nut/bolt that secures the driver side kick panel but had the darnest time trying to remove the panel.

Anybody got any tips on removing it?

Can't say how specifically for your car, but make sure you have removed all the bolts and locate the fasteners. Check a repair manual for details.

Most of those fuse you need to check are behind the coin tray in the lower part of the dash - right above the kick panel. Fuses are marked RADIO and CIG. There is also a fuse under the hood marked DOME that also ties into the interior system (audio, cig, clock, interior lamps). The kick panel houses mostly relays (flasher relay and P/W relay) and acts as a tie point for most of the interior to exterior wiring.

The radio, cig and clock fuse is located behind the coin box as fishexpo101 states. Tip the coin box to its open position and pull up to disengage the box. Behind the box will be a fuse block; locate the 15A fuse for the delinguent items and change.

fuses dont just up and go out for no reason, you probably have an intermittent short somewhere.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)