Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Headlight Delay Switch For 2000 Corolla

by timkedz, October 31, 2006

Hello, everyone!!

This question is going to be a long shot, but, I thought that if anyone could help me, it would be you guys here in the forum section.

I have a 2000 Toyota Corolla LE with Daytime Running Lights and the automatic headlights on feature. what I would like to know if there is a delay switch available out there anywhere that would let my lights burn for a few minutes, then turn off by themselves after the car has been shut off and left? I know a lot of GM cars have this feature, but, I thought that maybe someone knows of an aftermarket switch that could do this.

Any thoughts?????

Regards,

timkedz

P.S. Sorry for the double post!!!!!!

• 1,424 posts
Hello, everyone!!

This question is going to be a long shot, but, I thought that if anyone could help me, it would be you guys here in the forum section.

I have a 2000 Toyota Corolla LE with Daytime Running Lights and the automatic headlights on feature. what I would like to know if there is a delay switch available out there anywhere that would let my lights burn for a few minutes, then turn off by themselves after the car has been shut off and left? I know a lot of GM cars have this feature, but, I thought that maybe someone knows of an aftermarket switch that could do this.

Any thoughts?????

Regards,

timkedz

P.S. Sorry for the double post!!!!!!

There is a way to do anything of that sort. I wanted my sunroof to work differently than it did from the factory. Fishexpo101 hooked me up with some instructions and I was able to complete my project with a soldiering iron and 30c worth of diodes.

For your problem, there is no aftermarket easy plug in solution. You would need to find someone who had took apart the DRL circuit and knows which contact points you would need to solider a resistor, diode or capacitor in between to keep the headlights on for a prescribed amount of time. I personally don't know how the circuit is mapped or what would enable the feature you describe. Try asking fishexpo101 through PM, he may have an answer you can use.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)