Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Changing Dash Bulbs In 1997 Prizm

by timkedz, October 14, 2006 in Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm

Hello,

I have two burnt out lights in my 1997 Prizm. The first one is in the dashboard. It's the third light on the heater control pod, I believe it's the one that lights up the air flow direction. It's the one way on the right side of the heater control.

The other one is the bulb that lights up the PRND2L shifter.

Can anyone me with these???

Thanks!!

timkedz

Do a search - there are active topics on the Prism's twin, the Corolla, on those very items.

I did find several posts regarding this matter, but, the best source for advice regarding bulb replacement was the Haynes service manual....

Thanks just the same......

timkedz

Bikeman982

I did find several posts regarding this matter, but, the best source for advice regarding bulb replacement was the Haynes service manual....

Thanks just the same......

timkedz

A good source is the repair manuals and after following them, your experience will help you much in the future.

I don't know about the '97 but on the '89-'92, the non-factory and factory manuals are pretty worthless when it comes to interior repair and maintenance. On the '90, you would have to remove two sections of the console around the shifter to replace the PRND2L light. This is not difficult once you find the screws.

Bikeman982

The most difficult part is determining how to remove panels or pieces where the fasteners are not readily visible.

I have gone to the junkyard and experimented with cars there, to prevent me damaging my own car by improper removals.

I have learned a lot from the manuals, and from the junkyards.

Good luck!

Topic List: Go to Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm