Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Engine Stands For 4afe

By tashirosgt, August 3, 2006

It would be nice to find a engine stand that would hold a 4AFE engine without having to spend half an hour trying to figure out a way to arrange the arms that bolt onto the engine. The 4AFE is a rather small engine. Most small stands require a rather contorted looking arrangment of the arms. With the larger stands that I have tried, i can't find any way to mount the 4AFE. Would there be a place that sold only the arm arrangement part of the engine stand? I've never had a small stand break but they don't look very sturdy. It would be nice to be able to use a heavy duty one.

Bikeman982

It would be nice to find a engine stand that would hold a 4AFE engine without having to spend half an hour trying to figure out a way to arrange the arms that bolt onto the engine. The 4AFE is a rather small engine. Most small stands require a rather contorted looking arrangment of the arms. With the larger stands that I have tried, i can't find any way to mount the 4AFE. Would there be a place that sold only the arm arrangement part of the engine stand? I've never had a small stand break but they don't look very sturdy. It would be nice to be able to use a heavy duty one.
Do you have an engine stand now?

I use my engine hoist and just raise the engine onto a pallet to work on it.

I don't have a stand for it.

get a heavy steel plate welded to a peice of tube that'll fit into the stand. then mark and drill holes as needed to mount the engine.

thats how you do it default_wink those arms suck.

Bikeman982

What part of the engine do you use to mount it to the stand - the transmission side?

yea, trans side.

Bikeman982

Sounds like a plate could be made as long as you know the tranny bolt pattern. It could be duplicated and then the stand will hold the engine more securely.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else