Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2003 Corolla S Power Mirrors

by ftc, July 29, 2006

The power mirrors do nothing when trying to adjust. Like there is no power going to them. This sound like a blown fuse?

By reading other posts I have found the elusive fuse box behind the cubby on the left side of the steering wheel but, holy crap, how do you get at 'em.

I'm afraid if I reached in from the underneath side and pulled a fuse out to check it I would never be able to get it (or the replacement) back in.

Is there some secret to this I'm too thick to figure out? I cannot imagine it being that difficult to change a fuse.

Well, I did my best contortionist impression, wedged my head between the brake pedal and the foot rest, held a mini mag lite in my teeth and changed the fuse for the clock/radio/cig.

Miraculously, the power mirrors began working again. The manual does not even state that these are on the same fuse so there it is in case anyone else has this question.

Bikeman982

Well, I did my best contortionist impression, wedged my head between the brake pedal and the foot rest, held a mini mag lite in my teeth and changed the fuse for the clock/radio/cig.

Miraculously, the power mirrors began working again. The manual does not even state that these are on the same fuse so there it is in case anyone else has this question.

Great work!

Yes, the fuse box and many other areas of your car are difficult to access and sometimes you have to be a contortionist and also scrape some skin to actually reach the correct spot.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)