Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Corolla Fx Hatchback?

By NILLINOIS, July 25, 2006

Bikeman982

It does look cool - kind of like a cross car. Probably good for rear loading. I have not seen one around here (CA).

A former coworker used to own one - thing had at least 300K miles when he picked it up, couldn't tell for sure - the odometer stopped at 280K miles. He couldn't kill the thing - starter contacts were shot - so I had to help him push start the car when we worked the same shift.

Bikeman982

A former coworker used to own one - thing had at least 300K miles when he picked it up, couldn't tell for sure - the odometer stopped at 280K miles. He couldn't kill the thing - starter contacts were shot - so I had to help him push start the car when we worked the same shift.
He should have replaced the starter. I had a Volkswagen bus with a bad starter and I used to park it on hills and let it start down - then jumped in and popped the clutch to start it. Did it by myself. Looked funny, but it worked!

Maybe he should have parked on a hill?

He should have, but no hill next to the building. Wasn't too bad - I just pushed him around with my car at the time (big block Mopar w/OEM push bars) - and he had other uses for his money at the time (like chasing girls, buying HiFi equipment, paying for school, etc.)

Bikeman982

He should have, but no hill next to the building. Wasn't too bad - I just pushed him around with my car at the time (big block Mopar w/OEM push bars) - and he had other uses for his money at the time (like chasing girls, buying HiFi equipment, paying for school, etc.)

I parked my car on a hill and had to walk a little bit sometimes.

Totally understandable about his financial priorities during adolescent years!

Wow I actually found one on AutoTrader. 1988 with 89K for $2400. 3spd Auto w/AC. No pic.

Look like the only one for sale around me. Must be a nightmare to find parts..hmmmm..

Bikeman982

Wow I actually found one on AutoTrader. 1988 with 89K for $2400. 3spd Auto w/AC. No pic.Look like the only one for sale around me. Must be a nightmare to find parts..hmmmm..
Considering buying it??

If I could find one at a better price. A 91 DX popped up for $500 in my area. It has 120K, and some fender bender damage ( neeeds new fender, headlight, turn signal, grille, maybe radiator & condenser ). Sounds like a college girl got a insurance payoff and just wants to get rid of it. Maybe a winter beater..if I can talk her down to $300 default_cool

Bikeman982

If I could find one at a better price. A 91 DX popped up for $500 in my area. It has 120K, and some fender bender damage ( neeeds new fender, headlight, turn signal, grille, maybe radiator & condenser ). Sounds like a college girl got a insurance payoff and just wants to get rid of it. Maybe a winter beater..if I can talk her down to $300 default_cool
That sounds like a good deal. I would buy it and do some fender change and maybe some minor repairs and then resell it for a profit. Definitely a possibility for you.

• 1,424 posts

That sounds like a good deal. I would buy it and do some fender change and maybe some minor repairs and then resell it for a profit. Definitely a possibility for you.

The problem is finding fenders, headlights, etc. for it at a cheap enough price for a care that is hard to find and probably hard to find parts for. Also, I'd be willing to bet that if a college student owned it that it is trashed and hasn't been maintained. I'm the exception and not the rule when it comes to college students and car maintenance. Most of my friends, encluding some of my engineering buddies neglect their cars from lack of maintenance. Nearly everyone I know at school doesn't have even basic maintenance on their car completed at all or in a timely manner. People there have money to buy new cars, cause nearly everybody has one, but no one will spend their parent's money on oil changes or tire rotations. I'd rather eat Pizza one less time a month and maintain my car than to have the problems some of my friends have with theirs.

Bikeman982

The problem is finding fenders, headlights, etc. for it at a cheap enough price for a care that is hard to find and probably hard to find parts for. Also, I'd be willing to bet that if a college student owned it that it is trashed and hasn't been maintained. I'm the exception and not the rule when it comes to college students and car maintenance. Most of my friends, encluding some of my engineering buddies neglect their cars from lack of maintenance. Nearly everyone I know at school doesn't have even basic maintenance on their car completed at all or in a timely manner. People there have money to buy new cars, cause nearly everybody has one, but no one will spend their parent's money on oil changes or tire rotations. I'd rather eat Pizza one less time a month and maintain my car than to have the problems some of my friends have with theirs.

As you say - you are the exception. Young people have different priorities and spend their money and time on things other than their cars maintenance.

iirc they made a 2.0L 3sfe or 3sge powered AWD version of that wagon because they were WRC'ing the corolla.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else