Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By Aspirin, May 26, 2006 in Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm

Before I go ripping things apart and probably destroying something, I figured I'd ask....could anyone explain how to get into the dash console / lighter area on a 1995 corolla? I need to access the pos/neg lighter connections so I can hook up lighted pedals....yes, I'm that classy. default_biggrin

You don't need to go ripping things apart at all. If you don't need your lighter, well there won't be a problem. I would think though (I'm not sure,as I don't use my lighter) that there is always power to it and you may have to have some other on/off switch in that situation.

I must ask though....why would you want lighted pedals??

You don't need to go ripping things apart at all. If you don't need your lighter, well there won't be a problem. I would think though (I'm not sure,as I don't use my lighter) that there is always power to it and you may have to have some other on/off switch in that situation.I must ask though....why would you want lighted pedals??

To be honest, the lighted pedals came with the car but were never hooked up....so I figured I might as well make 'em serve their purpose. As for the lighter...it seems that it doesnt stay on when the car is off (I'll double check), so it should be good....i plugged in my phone charger to see if it worked, and the "i'm charging" light came on only when the car itself was on, and went off with the car, so i'm assuming that lighter power goes off with the vehicle.

Yup..you're correct. My lighter doesn't work when the car is off, unlike other vehicles I've owned.

Nevermind all, I got to the connections...it was just a matter of removing two screws, and the entire dash/console midsection frame and lighter assembly slid right out...probably designed to make replacing the ashtray lightbulb easier.

Bikeman982

You could have wired the lighted pedals to a switch and then to your fusebox which is close to your pedals. Then your lighter could still be used (unless you just tapped into it).

Glad you were able to locate the screws to remove the center console. It is useful to know since it can also be removed to gain access to the radio mounts and the ECU/ECM.

lighted pedals. it would be nice to see pictures. i am trying to visualize how it would look.

Bikeman982

Lighted pedals might not be visible to anyone but the driver - sounds like an unnecessary feature.

Topic List: Go to Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm