Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Clutch Squeak

by BabyBird200, April 6, 2006

hey guys i gotta nother little thing i noticed tonoight, well it's warmed up alot out here and i guess i didn't know this before but tonight my car had a loud squeaky door sound as i pressed, it, can anyone tell me what that might me and if she needs to go in?

Could be the bearing going bad (running out of lubreication), the pedal itself is hung up on something, or squeaky slave cylinder.

If the sound consistently changes with temp change or if the sound doesn't go away - I'd take her in. Your under warranty and I wouldn't want to wait for it to potentially get worse (probably nothing wrong, but you want it to be logged in the system as such). Being logged into the system can help alot. If something pops up later, bringing it in and complaining about it - even if nothing is found to be wrong at the time, could become useful later (happened to me = free clutch replacement at 35K miles).

Bikeman982

Sounds like a lubrication problem. A little oil or grease will take care of it. If your car is still under warranty, bring it in and let the dealer take care of it for you.

alright thanx,will do

Mine squeaks too! default_sad and it sounds like from the pedal.

Rain or shine, it squeaks, didn't squeak through the cold months though...

Max

My pedal squeaks, too. Almost sounds like an owl - - "hoo." My 97 did the same thing.

i took it in and they said they just lubricated it and now it works better then it did before

Bikeman982

i took it in and they said they just lubricated it and now it works better then it did before
Glad that your problem has been fixed. A little lubrication can help.

I have a clutch squeak issue. Except the noise from mine is coming straight from the transaxle area. Not good. Clutch operation is fine but it squeaks everytime I press on the gas. Wierd thing is that it comes and goes. *shrug*. The dealership was no help as they kindly informed me that any clutch components is not part of the powertrain warranty.........which begs the question why is it called the powertrain warranty if some parts of the powertrain is excluded? Ah well, so basically they can find and fix it but it will done on my dime. I think not. I tried to lube the slave cylinder assembly and where it meets the clutch fork. Still there default_sad

Topic List