Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Oil Consumption With Mobile One On A 2005 Corolla

by Jarrett, February 6, 2006

See every reply in these pages:

Bikeman982

I think I said it before, but I'll say it again. It's NOT normal for a new Toyota engine to use oil. Maybe during break in, but even ours didn't loose a drop during break in, or after break in.

I changed to Mobil 1 at 3K miles and our car has 15K I think. I'm going to change to a group III sythentic next oil change cause really, Mobil 1 is just over kill for a Corolla. I change the oil every 5K miles and if I use super tech/ meijer full synthetic, it will be good enough for our car. ST oil filters are made by champoin btw and the best budget filter on the market. They are better then others that cost more. So, use that or Toyota, and you can't go wrong.

It's normal for a Ford V8 to use oil, but our Corolla and my Folks Camery has never used a drop of oil between oil changes. At least not enough to lower the level on the dip stick. I'm sure all cars use a little, no matter how good they are, but we don't have to add oil ever.

Sounds like you have had good luck with your cars and their oil consumption. Some people have not done as well and end up with cars that have bad rings, or timing off. They burn oil and have to be checked frequently. You can always tell where you park if the car is leaking oil, but if it is using it and requires frequent top offs, there is usually something wrong. It is best to pay attention to oil level as it is an indication of how the engine is running.

I have used Mobil1 5w30 synthetic every 5k miles in my 2005 CE with manual transmission. It may have burned a very small amount, but never enough to add any oil between changes. Have 59k miles now. Good price at Walmart on 4 quart jug.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)