Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

What Feels Like A Corolla With More Power

by tracey, January 18, 2006 in Toyotas that aren’t Corollas

Hi,

The '82 and 8th-generation Corollas we've had have always been comfortable to drive. Are there any other sedans out there that drive and feel like a Corolla but have >200 hp?

Thanks,

Tracey.

Bikeman982

Why in the world would you want anything but a Corolla??

Max

Tracey- Check out a Corolla XRS. It looks like a 9th gen "S," but it's packing a lot more power, stiffer suspension, Recaro sprt seats, and 16" alloy wheels.

The only reasons I'd want anything other than a Corolla is I'd feel better if my parents were in a slightly bigger (yet as easily maneuverable) and more powerful car.

I'd like an XRS but I thought those only came with manual transmissions.

Toyota Camry sounds like it would fill the ticket - a little bigger, more power. Still relatively compact for its size - easy to drive and great build quality.

now_driving_VW

You should consider the new Jettarolla 2.0T-- it costs as much as a Camry SE or XLE though

Max

Tracey- Yes, that's right. XRS has a six speed manual tranny. Sounds like Camry is your answer.

I 2nd everyone else that said Camry. And since Camry costs less than a Jetta, and also less than the Passat...I'd opt for that if I could.

Or even the Solara might be good, if you want a sporty look. (Do they still make Solaras??)

Or...a Supra....(I heard about this car, apparently it's a powerful sports car?? Not sure...will google later)

Max

They still make Camry Solaras, they don't make Supras.

I am with those who said Camry. Get the V6, and they'll have a wee bit more than 200hp.

Topic List: Go to Toyotas that aren’t Corollas