Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Corolla 2001 Wiper Replacement Help

by duke975, January 12, 2006

I'm going to be at Walmart tomorrow, and would like to pick up some wipers for cheap. They had a wiper selector "computer" that says the driver side is 20" and the passenger side is 18". Is this accurate for the brands they sell at Walmart? It shows directions on how to install them, but which type of mechanism does the Corolla use? If you can point me to any step by step instructions on how to install, that would be great.

Max

The detailed installation answers should be on the wiper package. You may find one of those flip-sheets that tell you exactly which product number your car requires, so that should help. I get rubber inserts from my dealer for $8. They fit, they work, they last.

You didn't say whether you bought your car new. If so, then the wiper selector computer is probably right. Personally, I always measure the length of the wiper blades to make sure. If it's supposed to be 20", then they will be 20 inches long from end to end. You can buy the inserts, and slip them on. They sell them at Wal-Mart as well. They're much cheaper, since you don't need to replace all that stainless steel.

driver's side is 20 and the passenger side is 18.

this is the process for removing the wiper blade in mine:

turn the wiper blade so that it is 90 degrees with the wiper arm, then pull it down. inserting is reverse.

HTH

Bikeman982

I always replace my own wiper blades and have also replaced the entire wiper arm on cars where it seemed necessary. The sizes are different on each side and by buying the package of two, you have a spare set to swap out, if you should need it.

the wiper inserts (just the rubber parts) - how difficult is it to remove and replace this only as opposed to the entire wiper?

I usually buy toyota's rubber inserts and they are easy to install, like 3-5 minutes per side. I tried different brands and IMHO was pretty cumbersome.

g'day,

i rather go w/ the original wiper refills. it cost more than the replacement one but last long and does not shudder during operation. i tried using the replacement one but ultimately change it in less than a year w/ the original and it works like a beauty. keep the feeling.

rey t

Bikeman982

the wiper inserts (just the rubber parts) - how difficult is it to remove and replace this only as opposed to the entire wiper?

I don't think it is very difficult to change out just the rubber parts. I have done it several times and have also changed out the arms as well. You just squeeze the clips at the ends and slide it thru the other clips. Installation is just the reverse. As long as you have the correct lengths, they will match right up.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)